Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krosan

12-20-2012

I'll skip Teemo, since you covered him already... The problem is less the damage he does (which is good but not spectacular) and more the fact that he's literally the only champion in the game with serious map control right now. An Oracle will not help prevent the map control issue short of actively and constantly sweeping for shrooms, and I suspect that the vision radius around shrooms is a big culprit here; is there any way you could look into adjusting shrooms to act like the game's other trap-type abilities, with no vision radius but causing their target to get revealed for a short time? I believe this would go a long way to addressing his issues without removing the good damage associated with the shrooms.

People who can build heavily defensive and still do serious disruption or damage, and people who can build heavily offensive and survive thanks to innate defensive scaling or mobility, seem to be the biggest problems in my view.

I've seen a lot of trouble out of Wukong, though thank god he's a bit rare. He can afford to build very heavily into offense and still survive between his passive and his ability to play mindgames with enemies. I suppose better players than I would have less trouble, but his damage still goes to extreme levels, particularly when you factor in the interplay between his Q and Black Cleaver. Very few other champions can double-dip that item as significantly as Wukong.

Jax and Olaf are two others who I've seen tend to be problematic, but less so thanks to a bigger lack of disengages. Jax can afford to build heavily into offense and expect to survive thanks to his innate defenses, and Olaf can afford to build full tank and expect to deal game-winning damage because of it.

I also see Cho'gath (enormous free health, allowing him to build extremely heavily into AP) and Darius (high-threat ult, good chasing power with FM, can build heavily tanky and shut out anyone but an opposing bruiser/tank) banned or dominate fairly often.

Ezreal shows up strong, too. He's able to build extremely heavily into offense and rely on mobility to keep alive, and his ult allows him to effectively farm an entire lane all at once thanks to higher gold income on this map keeping his ult damage above minion defensive scaling.

Frankly I suspect those are more problems with those champions than anything else, without much map-specific changes that could be made to correct the problem. The Ezreal issue could speak to a need to adjust minion scaling, I suppose.

FighterMan

12-20-2012

darius is probably the best on 3v3, there is literally no space to work with which means he can always pull and demolish you

th3impaler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Olaf for his burst and inability to catch;
riven for her mobility and CC;
evenlyn for her massive burst, ganking potential, speed, and dominance in the lane phase (now that defense tree doesnt give movespeed);
Darius for his Abraham Lincoln hatchet skills; and
Wukong, his aoe physical damage is unparalled, and nigh-impossible to counter.

CynicalGiant

12-20-2012

Cho'Gath, Darius, Singed, Evelyn and Wukong are no doubt the strongest and deadliest champions on this map.

RoketPoweredFilo

12-20-2012

Zyra, mix her hard cc with her plants, ult and BfT, and she can pretty much get 1v2 easily. Has tremendous lane freezing and pushing ability also.

Darius, His pull with how tight the lanes and jungle are, means he will almost always be able to pull you in. Not to mention his ult...

Singed, have to agree with previous posters that, its a pain to kill him with 5, nock it down to 3 with his cc, ult, A bft, and he is a one man troller.

Any solid gap closing brusier- explanation not needed.

Diane was and is still pretty strong, he q,r combo's make getting away next to impossible...

More out there also

In alot of cases it's not just a single champ, but mix 2-3 of them and it will make almost anyone shudder at the amount of lock down, and game changing synergy they have on this small map.

Dyshana

12-20-2012

Darius is my biggest issue. With how the map is designed, there isn't any room to kite him. Turrets are weak enough that he can dive and kill you without being in danger. There aren't any big HP items to counter his ult anymore, and if both altars are captured his ult will do over 1k. You can't stop him from getting to your team in a fight since the map is small enough for everyone to always be there.

scazzaf

12-20-2012

Very best:
singed - Way too strong for building mostly tanky items. Provides little room for counterplay
cho - See singed description
rumble - Unbelieveable teamfight presence, ult works well in the tight jungle spaces. (works too well with BFT)
kayle - When built straight AD, has the highest potential lategame ranged dps output combined with amazing kiting and healing abilities. Also can make 1/3 of your team invulnerable for most of a fight.
riven - Highest damage output early/mid game by far. Is a good counter to darius.
olaf - Damage output is way to high for building straight tank, impossible to catch in lane.
amumu - See singed description
darius - Needs not be said, but damage is too high, and unlike in 5s (where he is balanced) he only has 3 targets to focus him, making him stronger in this map.
jax - Aoe stun on a spammable cd and gains free defensive stats from his ult. Same issue with darius.

I assume this thread to to see who is considered overpowered though, in which case I would say darius/teemo/singed/olaf are the ones in the most need to being toned down.

Taengoos Undies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

When I do Ranked 3's with my friends, I have Teemo, Singed and Lee Sin on permaban.

Teemo's strong for the obvious reason, his sheer map control with shrooms makes ganking a lane or even crossing mid sketchy as hell. Add in the tight chokes and it's not fun. Sure you can oracle clear, but with how frequent the fights tend to be it's not hard to lose oracles either.

Singed is already tough to beat down. He isn't exactly unreasonably strong, it's more of what the other two members of the teams are running that makes him frustratingly good to play against. Once he picks up catalyst it becomes of a matter of whether or not we can pick off the other two before the poison becomes too much.

Lee Sin chunks you down hard and his ability to bounce around the map easily makes him strong.

Aside from those three,

I've recently picked up Evelyn in the jungle and have had great success. You can kite around the camps spamming q to take a bit less damage than you normally would, and ganks pretty nicely.

Khazix is another one I've found is pretty strong especially post E-evolve with the resets. The gap close/escape along with having the reset is incredibly good.

Xin Zhao is terror also, I hate playing against him. Hits like a truck and once he sticks to you you better hope your team is around otherwise you're dead.

Nidalee is another one that I've found out is real strong. The traps stops invades/ganks, and let's me countergank with ease.

exe3

12-20-2012

Well Teemo because the sheer density of his mushrooms means the jungle is removed for you as an option (people say oracles but you're still delayed constantly by having to deal with them in your path, it still reveals you to the enemy and it does nothing for shrooms in bushes, I don't understand why people say oracles is a counter because it's really not). The shrooms themselves do way too much damage in general too, the recent nerf helped a little.

Darius is also messed up because of his resetting true damage nuke plus free armor pen allowing him to build tank with minimal AD, though that's an issue in all game modes not just TT.

People say Singed is also OP but I frankly have never seen him because it's literally always Teemo AND Darius on the other team.

Bobinatorlol

12-20-2012

I don't think any champion is best(OP) mainly due to the fact that it is blind picked in normals. I do however think a couple champions are a bit too big for their britches.

Amu- If he rushes a Sunfire and BFT he does way too much damage by just standing near you. No awesome skill shot landings required. Just more movement speed than you.

Singed- Basically the same as amu minus the sunfire. While most people are getting by with 340-355 MS here comes singed literally doing laps around you at lvl 6 with 600 MS. Not even bringing up the ridiculous control+damage he dishes out along with it.

Darius- True damage on ult is too high. The reset on a kill is overkill. The combination of a E+W+Passive is just as dangerous as the passive on Frozen Mallet. If you have no gap closers you are forced to flash/ghost or fight him 1v1. To counter his damage you have to have high armor along with high health.

Hecarim- Good thing he isn't that popular but since MS is a big part of his build and the junlge has a speed shrine anything semi-squishy is an auto gank for him.

Ryze- 800-900 Q's late game are way too strong. Obviously because of the new items and not because of Ryze.

Morde- He forces any ad carry to have to buy an early QSS if not it is smooth sailing and easy triple kills for him. Sometimes he can force an entire team the need for a QSS. QSS needs to be made cheaper or a TT alternative. While he is building more pew pew to melt faces the other team is potentially forced to buy almost 5kg worth of QSS.

Kha'Zix- I have seen some ridiculous damage come out of this guy. I'm not sure how or why though. Towards later game he is harder to catch than a nid.

I only think this because of blind pick normals and think DRAFT would be much better suited for TT normals. If I ever want to play a squishy AP champion I know in the back of my head that an enemy Darius/KZ/Singed/Hec will ruin the game for me. Picking most AP carries should not be high risk right at champion select.