Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XFearHonorX

01-06-2013

Amumu,Jax,Kha Zix, Teemo, Darius..... Amumu does to much cc and damage for how tanky he is in my opinion.

Crede777

01-06-2013

I know they want reasons but I just have time to list who I think is very strong (in no particular order):
1. Singed
2. Teemo
3. Darius
4. Jax
5. Olaf
6. Lee Sin
7. Nunu
8. Pantheon
9. Nocturne
10. Cho'Gath
11. Kha'Zix
12. Amumu
13. Mordekaiser
14. Yorick
15. Nautilus

Mostly champs that deal a great amount of damage despite being built tanky (Singed, Amumu, Darius, Olaf). Also, champs with a lot of teamfight ability in the form of CC or adding a ghost to the fight (Amumu, Nunu, Morde, Yorick, Teemo, Cho, Nautilus). Vision is strong because of a lack of wards (Nidalee, Teemo). Finally, Black Cleaver greatly benefits certain bruisers (Panth, Nocturne, Kha'Zix, Olaf, Lee) while Blackfire Torch does the same for others (Nid, Teemo, Singed, Morde, Amumu).

The main problem right now I think is Black Cleaver and Blackfire Torch. Of course if you change those then other champs will become strong.

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

I main nocturne, GP (critplank), varus, and riven on TT. Some of my best scores are 25/8/X. On my best games i can singlehandedly force a 15 minute surrender by having all of my team's kills and 0 deaths. That said, every time i see a darius or singed (or to a lesser extent, teemo, fiora, olaf, and jax), i want to just afk at the loading screen.

Darius: been said already. Shutting him down early does not mean ****. As soon as he hits level 6, he'll begin snowballing after the first teamfight. Even if his team gets aced, he's probably gotten a kill or two, and this trend will continue, getting worse and worse each time, until he's 1v3ing your entire team. Shutting him down early is rarely effective because it's just too easy for him to recover post-level-six.

Singed: Too tanky. Rod of Ages is still available on TT, and blackfire torch just makes his poison ticks even worse. The map is small enough that the speed buff he receives gives him very superior map control, in addition to his already superior crowd control. As i've seen a few people point out, killing him with five people is difficult enough. Killing him with 3? it's not gonna happen unless you build very specifically. I've seen a Singed defeat a Garen by turning on his poison and then hitting "/d." Garen had ~110 MR and about 1100 health going into that fight. While our team was frantically spamming retreat pings, Garen was saying "no, i've got this don't worry." I've never seen any other character win a fight while dancing.

Teemo's biggest problems aren't as big a deal, but are still worth noting. The small map size means half a dozen shrooms can render travel around the map an impossible prospect. If your top lane gets ganked or needs help defending his turret, you're either going to A) not be there in time cause you had to take the long way around or B) not be there in time and show up with 1/2 health because you hit a handful of teemo shrooms on the way. Furthermore, the amount of damage teemo can do while stealthed in his base via shrooms is completely out of scale with this whole "Risk versus Reward" thing that riot constantly preaches in their champion spotlights. Teemo can be shut down fairly easily by most champs- although auto-attack champions can have trouble with him. (As a nocturne, i like to W his blinding dart and then shred him to pieces with the free attack speed he gave me), but AD casters (talon, panth) or mages can usually burst teemo enough that his threat level is significantly reduced.

Jax is just absolutely strong, i don't know what to say except that he lacks a weakness that can be exploited early game. you can't trade with him because of his ability to soak up damage. You can't harass him because he can jump on you, whack you, stun you, and get away while maintaining the trade advantage. He's very mobile, has ok crowd control, very strong damage, and only gets more dangerous as the fight goes on. The obvious counter is to engage him in numerous hit-and-run battles so his ass-kicking dynamo can't get up to full speed, but the map is small enough and Jax's mobility is great enough that this option very rarely can be successfully employed.

Fiora isn't as much of a problem now that tiamats have been slapped into their proper place, but her ability to tower dive with her ult and her early game damage output makes her very dangerous. She can snowball very, very easily into the same "1v3 GG" territory that darius occupies. I've seen a fiora 1v1 champs at a three-level and item disadvantage, and walk away with nearly half their health. Unfortunately, as i don't play her, i'm not sure what allowed her to do this and can offer no educated suggestions as how to pull back the reins a bit.

Olaf is just plain difficult- lots of damage, hard to kill, if you focus him he team kills you, if you focus his team, he kills you. similar to jax, he gets MORE dangerous as a fight goes on, but as already stated, wearing him down overtime is exceedingly difficult.

I apologize if the suggestions and reasoning are too vague to be of any use; it's nearly 6 a.m. here.

Quintavius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Darius is strong. Lots of people outlined why

Cho is strong- his Q takes up the width of lanes, entirety of brush and jungle entries. Also, with the lack of room to move around, his size is frustrating. Plus his true dmg.

Lee Sin is tough to actually kill on this map because of mobility.

I play Nunu mostly...he's way underpowered. His Consume probably needs to hit champs for 1/2 dmg...oh and his iceball should AoE slow...and,and his ult should ramp up dmg faster....and Blood Boil should make the target sparkly. Yup, sounds right

Cyraknoss

01-07-2013

Alistair is kinda unfairly powerful on twisted treeline right now. AP alistair gives insane killing potential with full build single hit damage potential of roughly 1k damage from his Q + the free auto proccing Lichbane. His damage output potential wouldn't be such a problem except he can build Rylais, Wooglets, and Rod of Ages, and combod with his R you can't burn down Alistair. But he's putting out burst enough to kill anyone squishy so he can easily be the "damage" of the team allowing it to be AP Alistair and 2 tanks which is nearly unbeatable.

Lumione

01-07-2013

I haven't seen an Alistair that proved to be any sort of problem, but that build above DOES sound rather nifty. I'm gonna talk my group into giving it a try and report back

MattyCash

01-07-2013

Amumu is super effective because his ultimate locks the enemy team in place. His aoe stun almost guarantees a win in a team fight. Banned 75% for us.

Darius' ultimate tears through champs and the refresh on it ensures multikills in team fights. His grab brings an enemy straggler right to you and even if they manage to escape they most likely die due to bleeding. Banned 100% for us

VFL

01-08-2013

Me and my friends have been playing 3's alot lately and the true damage combo is definetly a good way to go. Build tanky olaf darius and cho and any team is going to have huuuge troubles beating you. and in early fights your going to win. Dont freak out if you dont agree, its just been working alot with us lately.

RaleonNightShado

01-08-2013

I think people don't know how to fight Singed... He is really tough on this map though, I think the lanes need to run straight instead of bowing in, maybe just adjust the jungle for easier access in/out to accomodate?

I think Blackfire Torch needs to be removed from TT. It's the one reason why Teemo/Singed are OP.

As for champions, I think all 5 of the stealth champions (I main Twitch) are supremely overpowered because Oracles forces you to facecheck. The one option for ward-mist isn't enough.
-Evelynn, Twitch, Shaco, Rengar, Teemo, Kha'zix

Additionally, Amumu/Nidalee/Blitzcrank/Nautalis' ability to reach/poke over the walls w/o warning, and the 1v1 champs have a natural advantage, yet whether it's OP would be a matter of interpretation.

XmobdropperX

01-08-2013

Teemo's shrooms can be very frustrating when roaming and when the team actually engages his blind can pretty much swing into his team's favor if he blinds the enemy teams carry.