Why hasn't Darius been nerfed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Woodstock

12-22-2012

If you play a melee champ, you lose, that's the bottom line. And in normals, where you can't counter pick and your jungle probably won't care to camp, this is ridiculous. Should I just play Jayce every normal game so that I can actually do something either then stand on tower and wait for the jungle gank that isn't coming?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

Darius hasn't been nerfed because he's not OP.

Riven easily manages Darius. Your W stun and 3rd Q knock up (plus amazing AD scaling) helps you win trades, and when you E away, that shield takes care of the bleed damage.

SomeCallMeEd

12-22-2012

Not really, I've been seeing tons of Darius's lately I've been pretty easily shutting them down. Vi's E, Olaf's Q, Charging him pre 6 as Jax to force him outta lane, etc.

Darius actually does very little damage compared to other champs and only has a pull and sticking power. He also "caps out" early and has a meh late game upposed to champs like Jax or Olaf.

Granted I'm not neck deep in Ranked or high Elo but by the looks of things Darius isin't that godlike. Kinda wanting a Darius freeweek so people get plenty of practice against him or walk a mile in his shoes.

In short, he ain't OP, and this commin' from a scrub like me.

Jesustim

12-22-2012

Darius hasn't been nerfed because he's a pure snowball champion. if you can turtle and push into late game darius is one of the worst champs in the game because if you build him all damage he melts, if you build him pure tank he's ignored, and as a bruiser he's "decent". The problem people run in to is psyching themselves out against darius and making bad plays that let him snowball. A snowballed darius tries to end the game ASAP because snowballing darius loses late game when the enemy carry only has 2/3rd of darius' gold but outpaces darius' own carry because the nature of the champion is to take kills.

Yes, I've seen a snowball darius, I as noc jungle fed my darius an early double that got him far enough ahead to shut down that lane, and since they ran no jungle that game was done as I was free to roam to a 2v1 mid or 3v2 bot. bad players make darius OP, good players make him laughably useless.

Zeff520

12-22-2012

Darius is only annoying when he's on my team because he's encouraged to KS, but I main Wukong and Yorick top and I rarely have any problems against a darius. Wukong is hard until level 6 and until you get mallet/black cleaver so he's not that squishy. Yorick I find is quite good against Darius.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Because he's not op.

Krypteria

12-22-2012

He's not OP you just dont know how to counter him, there are many video's and guides on youtube ect... that can teach you how to counter him in lane.

LT Orange Juice

12-22-2012

What are you guys talking about... He's been nerfed 4 times since release

LuckiestJungleNA

12-22-2012

Nerf Irelia, Riot sucks at balancing. All champs are OP. I can't play this game to save my life. HoN is better.

TheJGWentworth

12-22-2012

Sustain/Early game denial... Learn your f***ing matchups before you cry about a champ.