Who is the best support champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

checkmater75

12-22-2012

My favorites are Lux, Moakai, and Ashe. B4 you call me a troll, Ashe's cc+vision reveals are extremely useful, and Maokai has tons of cc and dmg reduction, plus self sustain in a 4 person lane. Lux is AWESOME because of her W, which can block tons and tons of damage and be a real game changer.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

I would recommend janna.

charizard55

12-22-2012

This question is outrageous

duddychong

12-22-2012

I agree i loooove playing nami, but before she came out i would play soraka or lulu.

deathmetalfan

12-22-2012

Leona. Her dominance in lane is borderline OP. And there is no direct counter to her endless CC. Alistar can stop her combo (Pulverize when she dashes in) but he can be (and usually is) banned.

Cromatose

12-22-2012

Lulu

Cloudpost

12-22-2012

Lulu because she's adorable and her skills have really unique visuals. :3

Its fun to see a trail of flowers behind a grim looking champion, a giant armadillo, or your opponent turned into a fuzzy animal. Her skillshot when combined with Help Pix! is one of the most fun skillshots in the game to use, and I'm guessing it will take me a long time to master.

Regardless of the champion though support is very fun to play. Even if you don't get many kills you get to save your teammates from sticky situations and can completely flip things like 3v1s around. When your team picks up multiple kills and objectives due to wards you placed you feel a sense of accomplishment. Even if you were kept down early game you are still very useful late game, where a position like carry needs to survive and farm to have a good amount of potential. And its always fun to have the most assists on your team every game (though a tank occasionally picks up more assists), where I've seen most kills go to all the other roles.

angryWelchMan

12-22-2012

I would definitely say Alistair is the best although i haven't tried nami yet. A support has three main duties, providing vision, keeping your adc alive and feeding your adc. While ali doesn't provide any additional vision, few supports really do (ashe, lux to and extent and lulu and ww even less) and ali is great at the other two with his heals and CC chain. plus he is very good at zoning out the enemy adc in most situations. That being said some support work so well with certain adcs that they are a better choice for the champion like nunu/ashe or lux/ez (the hardest bot lane for me to play against) also i dont really favor non-tank supports as it is harder to protect ur carry and zone

Cloudpost

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racaholic View Post
People always underestimate and forget about Nunu. Personally I would rather lane against a Blitzcrank then a Nunu. He makes it extremely hard to win the lane just by being there, constantly, doing stupid amounts of damage, and being full health all day.
Tip: If you know you're laning against Blitz or Nunu then take Sivir. Either you get free mana pots (and can spam your boomerang a lot more frequently) or you shut down their most brutal harass ability completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryWelchMan View Post
While ali doesn't provide any additional vision, few supports really do
That's where wards come in, and Clairvoyance if you like it. Also while champions like Lulu can't give you vision of an enemy champ that's already in a bush without using wards, some have poke with an on-hit sound effect which at least tells you that someone is there.

Gesang der Raben

12-23-2012

I say Sona. Early game, she has really strong harass and sustain. Once she has her ult, any casting of it can completely change the flow of a fight. Offensive and defensive buff auras. A movement speed aura that affects minions (can be used to speed them up when you don't have anyone tanky or with a lot of hp after an ace).