Who is the best support champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CholericLurch

12-20-2012

I think its nami as of now. before id use soraka

OddGreybush

12-20-2012

My personal favorite is Mao, his late game is more useful than any other support imo.

Sleazy Fox

12-20-2012

alistar can use his combo early and knock them back into tower granting 1st blood to ur adc
he is my favorite support

V y

12-20-2012

Sona for an aggressive and useful late game support.

Simply Chaotic

12-20-2012

What a silly question.

There is no "best" support.

There are only different types of support. Take, for instance, Soraka vs Janna. Everyone can agree that both are solid support-types. However, they are fundamentally different. Soraka is a healer whereas Janna is a shielder. Their particular support abilities are opposite. Soraka restores damage, Janna prevents it. Now, of course there are other effects to consider, such as Soraka's mana restore and armor buff; and Janna's MS buff and dmg buff. Granted, Janna does have a heal, but then Soraka has a silence and AoE MR debuff. So, it kind of balances out.

Basically, every support champion has a particular niche they fill. And no champion can do it all. The closest there is to that is Karma, Sona, and Nami. But they, too, have disadvantages which makes it more difficult to do everything they can do.

Now, all that said...as far as I'm concerned, Support is primarily 2 things: healing and shielding. Anything else is bonus. Karma is my favorite supporter, and my best.

edit: I suppose that example wasn't a very good one. But, you get the idea.

chomcham

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddGreybush View Post
My personal favorite is Mao, his late game is more useful than any other support imo.

LOL I guess we are all comedians in our own minds. Cause this is a joke.

chomcham

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Chaotic View Post
What a silly question.

There is no "best" support.

There are only different types of support. Take, for instance, Soraka vs Janna. Everyone can agree that both are solid support-types. However, they are fundamentally different. Soraka is a healer whereas Janna is a shielder. Their particular support abilities are opposite. Soraka restores damage, Janna prevents it. Now, of course there are other effects to consider, such as Soraka's mana restore and armor buff; and Janna's MS buff and dmg buff. Granted, Janna does have a heal, but then Soraka has a silence and AoE MR debuff. So, it kind of balances out.

Basically, every support champion has a particular niche they fill. And no champion can do it all. The closest there is to that is Karma, Sona, and Nami. But they, too, have disadvantages which makes it more difficult to do everything they can do.

Now, all that said...as far as I'm concerned, Support is primarily 2 things: healing and shielding. Anything else is bonus. Karma is my favorite supporter, and my best.

edit: I suppose that example wasn't a very good one. But, you get the idea.
A silly question does not mean you give a silly answer lol

Lil Cuddles

12-20-2012

Now I'm no pro nor have I played thousands of games but I've never seen a Mao support that just makes me want to jump for joy and praise the heavens for how great they are.

I think Janna is the most well rounded support versus all champs where as some of the others seem to be only able to handle certain types.

Riaked

12-20-2012

Nami. Once you get caught in her bubble, especially in a team fights, your dead. Unless you have some escape skills, or the adc/ap mid isn't near. In team fights, if you get caught by the bubble, it is almost certain you get focused down by the whole team.

TSM Conker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Sona is my favorite. Or Alistar.