Is the match making system really that accurate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungGoN4v5

01-28-2013

That is correct. In fact if you are an 1100 player you still have a 1% chance of hitting gold through sheer luck. Additionally, if you are facing a team that is on average 400 more elo than you, you still have roughly 23% of winning. If you are 400 elo above your team, and the enemy team average matches what your team would be minus your extra 400, you still only influence the raw stat chance of winning by about 10%. This is all taken into consideration when you que up. Average of 20 elo diffence between teams is negligible, the system has basically provided you with a closer matchup than it can mathematically produce like high school kids using to many sig figs.

roskosp33

01-30-2013

How about 20 more!

1st 0 games
2cd 8 games (2 win, 4 loss, 2 dodge)
3rd 2 games (2 win)
4th 5 games (3 win, 2 dodge)
5th 5 games (2 win, 1 loss, 2 dodge)

I learned something new during this sample of games. I lost a lot of my 2cd pick games, but they were all top lane. Now I have a relatively high win % as top lane, but I am not usually second pick. I got countered often and had unreliable junglers.

I did not feed top lane, but I was forced to trade for farm and recall frequently. This did tie me up and I couldn't roam or help my team much. It basically forced me to rely on my teammates doing well. Sadly from what I remember mid and bot were having a lot of trouble in those 4 games. I personally wasn't doing great top, but I was keeping up with farm, not dying, and trying to keep my turret up while getting bullied out of lane.

Once team fights broke out I wasn't as fed as the enemy mid and bot lane. So my team fight presence seemed to be lacking. I wouldn't die and could get a kill or two maybe, but my teammates that had been losing lane would just get destroyed in team fights or be too afraid to fight at all.

So my question is, how can you benefit your team the best when you have a difficult lane? I know not dying and not feeding is big. I tried farming and pushing top to keep some pressure up there and that wasn't working out too well.

If it helps, I have been playing either Singed or Olaf top lately since I usually dominate with them. With Olaf I have been facing Singed with early enemy jungle pressure, Jayce, and Kayle mostly. With Singed I end up facing Teemo most of the time (which I can break even with) and Kennen (who stomps me).

roskosp33

02-07-2013

1st 4 games (3 win, 1 dodge)
2cd 1 games (1 dodge)
3rd 5 games (2 win, 3 loss)
4th 5 games (1 win, 1 loss, 3 dodge)
5th 5 games (4 win, 1 dodge)

They are really starting to even out now.