Dodging queues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rae River

02-04-2013

So I heard that now if you dodge you lose LP AND you have to wait a lot until you can get into a new game. I think that this is really unfair, since most people dodge because there is someone else trolling, and obviously no one wants to play with a troll.

I feel like by this whole thing of losing LP and having a ban Riot is punishing the few decent players of the community, and giving the trolls an unnecessary advantage. There should be an option, instead of the whole losing LP thing, to kick a player of the team (kinda like the /surrender vote, only kicking a player if 3 or more vote yes). Maybe ban that player for 5 minutes or so, and start a new queue for the other players?

Honestly, I think that it's really frustrating to lose a game because you have a troll in your team, not because the other team was better, or had a better strategy.

For example, the last game there was a player in my team that autolocked Sona without saying a word even after I asked for the support role. I went Lux mid instead, but I knew there was something wrong with this player since that moment. Anyway, I thought "maybe he's a pro Sona so I'll give him a chance". Bad idea. He spammed Sona's Q to steal the ADC's creeps and refused to ward (I asked him several times nicely) saying that "there's no need since we're not pushing" (but they were actually pushing, and bot got ganked several times, giving the other team free kills). Also, this Sona had a weird build and got the whole team annoyed (Ashe left because of her, we were 4vs5 too).

Now we're kinda damned if dodge, damned if we don't.

myraid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Well, I don't dodge if someone is trolling in the queue.
They're usually raging about not getting the role they wanted, etc.
Just wait it out, they'll eventually leave or do their role. I had a guy autolock teemo, and after we told him that regardless, he's going bottom to support, he did, and we won.

f3zz1k

02-04-2013

I have this problem allot with trolls in champ select. I don't want to lose points because of a ****** troll... So I just play it out. Yes, sometimes you will lose (ie, everyone calls mid), but most games can still be won with trolls. Out of my last 12 games 5 where troll games... But I still won 11 of them. Sadly, I knew I was gonna lose my last game in champ select, but it was best to just play than wait and lose points anw.

I think the best thing riot could do would be add a "champ select troll" option to the reports and make it bannable offence.

Rae River

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by myraid View Post
Well, I don't dodge if someone is trolling in the queue.
They're usually raging about not getting the role they wanted, etc.
Just wait it out, they'll eventually leave or do their role. I had a guy autolock teemo, and after we told him that regardless, he's going bottom to support, he did, and we won.
Well I've got a lot of intentional feeders (that diving the turrets since level 1 without even attacking went 0/20). And I mean a lot. I usually try to be nice to the whole team because we're supposed to fight against the other team, not between us but that's not enough...

Jericho Hombre

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3zz1k View Post
I think the best thing riot could do would be add a "champ select troll" option to the reports and make it bannable offence.
That would be enforcing a meta, which riot has said they aren't going to do.

f3zz1k

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho Hombre View Post
That would be enforcing a meta, which riot has said they aren't going to do.
Choosing a nonstandard champ in champ select isn't trolling... this would be for people who are like "fuuuuuu I trollllll and feedz cuz you ffff nooooobbssss, dodge or lose elo"

angryWelchMan

02-07-2013

Well you lost elo for dodging so why shouldn't you lose LP. I think roit has made it clear that dodging in champ select is horrible because if it was permissible people would dodge whenever they don't like the match up. If you doubt me try playing so arams