Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Story of Vi's music

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blacmisstress

01-04-2013

Personally this is the coolest thing ive seen for a game like this yet. Idk if this is the first attempt at audio with a character or not I dont usually have sound up. I will listen for more character audio cuts. This is brilliant.

RiverSamson

01-04-2013

As a music and math enthusiast, I gotta say, this song-track for a passionately inspired character is pretty amazing. The character itself is a solid subject that fits within the game logic and behaves well according to game balance and character controls.

Secondarily, the character has a unique artistic style that is fresh and makes the character an individual. The character's back-drop and art is both appealing and interesting.

Third and finally, the musical composition put this character on a much higher level. I'm sure we've all heard "Music can make the ..." game/movie/TV show/Commercial. This character definitely has that, and has all of the above as well.

I want to congratulate the team, graphic and character design, game balance design, and the musical collaboration for putting out a piece of gold. This release, Vi, really seems to have it all down pat.

Well done, and bravo, if you can!

Excellent work to everyone involved.

NaginataX

01-05-2013

I think I'm still a fan of the purely instrumental intros that have been made. The first like 10 seconds of this one were nice and steampunk and then the chick singing just kinda killed it for me ^ ^;

vincandict

01-08-2013

please do a video about the song.. make it a real song on youtube!!

BlueDragonne

01-10-2013

I haven't heard music that inspired that chill up the spine. You know the one... When you feel instantly energized and just feel your head naturally banging to the rhythm. This music is pure energy (hey .. I like 80's music too!). It's like the hard edge of Staind with the female edge of Veruca Salt's Seether, then throw in a little 80/90's Punk. Great work! I want more. When can I buy the album?

I am so disappointed that there isn't more!

Fabulous work, when can I come to work for your company? Creativity and Tech unite! I may even start singing again. (I spend too much time keeping up on IT to practice at the moment).

Kudos to the creation of true artistry.

Edirive

01-12-2013

awesome that's exactly what I was looking for! are there other themes uploaded? just wondering :P

Vortaine

01-12-2013

Funny story, sometimes I'll disable the menu music because I have other things that are going on in the background, and I occasionally I forget to put it back on (usually its when there is a long queue, and I have to wait). I'd heard that Vi's song was great, and decided on a whim to turn it back on since the last time, and man, I gotta say, its great work.

The direction you guys have chosen for the art and music has been awesome, keep it up!

Kajidesu

01-13-2013

Wow, this song is amazing, its so perfect for Vi! I would love to see more of this on new champs, hell, hire a full time team for this so you hard working nerds don't have to use up your spare time.
Seriously though, this song gave me goosebumps when it hit the chorus. Thanks RIOT doods!

Scarfacial

01-14-2013

That moment when you realize you're older than Nicki Taylor by 22 days.

shadowsamus

01-17-2013

I have to say, i love this singer. i was told by a friend of mine that Hayley Williams from Paramore was the singer for this. and i believed him, mostly because of how similar they are. i didn't know it wasn't her until i got on here and saw this post. i still love the song. great job riot.