No battle sounds in the bottom half of the screen.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akaiatana

07-21-2010

Hey, I've got a weird issue:

I can't hear battle sounds when the creatures fighting are in the bottom about 40% of the screen. If I move the screen so that they're at the center or further away from the bottom. It doesn't 'fade,' I can move the screen a tiny amount and get full or nothing.

Any ideas?

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

07-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey WnxArrakis,

It sounds like a surround sound bug. You should check all your sound settings in Windows and make sure everything is set to a form of stereo and nothing is set for 5.1 or 7.1.

Let us know if you have any luck.

TaxedQQ

02-19-2014

Hi guys. So, I stumbled across this thread because I was actually having the same problem Arrakis. Currently I am using a Logitech G90 Headset and it comes with a Dolby Surround Sound activation switch on the side of one of the earphones. I have always had this enabled, thinking it was simply an audio quality enhancement (bass&treble config), but in reality it was conflicting with League and cutting off portions (also the bottom half, about 40%) of my screen from battle sounds. This issue never really bothered me to the point of investigating until now and to be honest, I can't recall exactly how long this had been going on. Upon read what jaywatford had to say about it, I went into my headphones config only to find out/confirm the "Boost" from the Dolby Surround Sound Switch was also integrated 7.1 ^ ^ Flipping the switch to set to default headphone settings was all it took and I can now hear battle sounds and all other sounds (important for hit confirming into fog) perfectly!

TL;DR - Had same issue, but learned headphones have a switch to change from default and surround sound mode. Staying on default enabled all sounds