Rmove health packs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MisterTitanic

12-28-2012

You would think they're freaking amazing since it helps champs without sustain get it/help champs without poke, but in reality it's far from the truth

The truth is the team with more pokes control 3 out of 4 health packs. Simply because they can zone you away from it. If you want to grab a health pack, the truth is you'll take a lot more harass than you would have if you didn't grab that health pack.

It just strengthens the strength of heal poke since now you have to poke your head out for health packs or face the opponent healing even more than you.

Health packs also favour the winning team. Since after they take a tower they can just cruise through and grab a bunch,

Coincidentally, the winning team usually has more pokes early on.

The solution to sustain/poke in aram is to create a strong passive health regen aura. not health packs. not everything needs counterplay. somethings are just too strong and need to be mitigated

OG Commissioner

12-28-2012

I agree with the problem, I think a better solution would be to move the health packs to across from each other behind the second tower, that way even if you are getting poke-zoned you would still have 2 packs.

Wrathofrecca

12-28-2012

Not sure I agree. At least make them closer to the 1st tower so you can better punish the enemy for grabbing them.

Krigsmjod

12-28-2012

You could keep them back in the base, so the penalty for going to get them is exposing your turrets / inhibitor.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

The health packs are there to help ease the pain for melee vs poke

PrincessDerpy

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
The health packs are there to help ease the pain for melee vs poke
Are you a moron? Did you even read his post?

KaXaSA51

12-31-2012

imo yes.. they are too far from the towers.

Beravin

01-01-2013

I think teams are meant to fight for control over the health packs. Any closer to the tower and it will be less a contested point, and instead a free source of health and mana for whatever team is under the tower. I find this to be a very odd idea - why should the team hiding under a tower be rewarded? Health packs are important, you need to go out and secure them.

In many of my games, we often use the health packs as bait and jump the person who went to get it. We either kill them in exchange for a health pack, or we drop them into the danger zone and invalidate the health pack and then some. This is an important part of the Proving Grounds strategy. Moving them somewhere else would be like moving Baron Nashor.

Poke teams are really not as difficult as people claim them to be. Most of the time you can just charge in, kill a few people, buy some new items, and come back strong enough to do it more/better. To give them some awesome health regeneration will pretty much just invalidate the poke team. Poke teams have a chance only if they can keep the other team low.

Of course, the winning team should get the health packs. To give you an idea, Summoner's Rift, the team that takes the most towers has the best access to baron, dragon and the jungle. They fought and won an advantage that assists them in winning the game. That is how it should be. Health packs are the resource you win for doing well in the game.

ninjaipod

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
why the poking team that is already winning the game be rewarded? there's no way to get the health packs when your team is behind the tower trying to... survive, especially when the enemy team have hard CC.

they need to bring them closer to the tower, i'm not saying that they should put them behind them but it should be easier for the team that is losing the game to get the dam health packs.

Beravin

01-01-2013

You do not "survive" a poke team. You attack them before you all get poked down to the point where you cant fight even if you wanted to. If you let them poke you all day, then you are letting them snowball you. There are very few situations when charging them head on is a bad idea. Even if you go head to head and die, its better than getting poked to death.

Its really not as hard to secure a health pack as you all make it seem. And if it really is that troublesome, then chances are the health packs are the least of your worries. I just cant relate to the issues you have in this area.