So, Vi joins the League because...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

12-23-2012

Summoners! Stop fighting amongst yourselves! It is this behavior that drives the bringers of lore away from these parts.

Ace The Black

12-24-2012

The tacky answer would be that she joined because it was a chance to pummel people without being reprimanded. However, that feels pretty unacceptable. With several of the new champs this year it was easier to determine why they joined. Darius wanted power, Draven wanted fame. Zyra wanted to live. Rengar wanted to hunt Kha'zix, and Kha'zix wanted to hunt Rengar. Fiora wanted to restore her family's honor. Syndra wants to overthrow Ionia. Diana wants to overthrow the Solari. Varus wants revenge. Nami wants to save her people. No idea why Zed's there though.

Birdy51

12-24-2012

I would almost prefer Vi if she was a completely seperate entity from Caitlyn. Their relationship is a bit superficial.

It's preferable for me to think of her more as a dangerous, perhaps bumbling vigilante. Usually sidekicks are there to make up for the faults of a character. Watson is Sherlock Holmes foil as he provides the average man insight into the world of the detective. Robin was Batman's less experienced ally and shared a mentor/teacher complex to make him a bit more human.

Vi doesn't really add anything to Caitlyn. It goes against Caitlyn being this calm and collected sherrif defending Piltover with her deducing skills if she hangs out with a loose cannon who is more keen to smash something up than solve crimes.

It's like asking Catwoman to become a permanant partner of Batman. The two may work together at times, but at the end of the day they are so different from eachother that it just doesn't work.

Therefore, I would be happier if Vi was a completely seperate entity like Jayce is. It doesn't make much sense that this happy-go-smash something girl would be a partner with her polar opposite. Opposites attract can attract, but not that much.

Now, a piston fisted vigilante with a penchant for getting Caitlyns way makes a bit more sense doesn't it? This makes her more of a rogue agent of justice, and conviently provides a way for her to help Piltover. In exchange for Piltovian officials turning a blind eye to her antics, she fights as a champion for Piltover.

That's how I would like to see her.

Poppie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Remember: People don't need a reason to join the league, even if it makes no sense without a reason given. Anyone can do it! They can just walk in and say "Hey. I've got stuff. Lemme in." ... Because that's what it really, really seems like.
+1

Xulsigae

12-25-2012

Like Phoenix Jones (skin idea for Vi?). As I've said, their relationship seems like a forced 'buddy cop' parody. The straight and by the book paired with the loose, streetwise, do what comes naturally. It's been done many times before, and parodied many times before as well.