So, Vi joins the League because...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchierkeWiking

12-20-2012

???

It's like they've given up at this point. Most recent champions had been like this:

Stuff happens to he/she/it and he/she/it decides to join the League for no apparent reason.

Methelod

12-20-2012

Remember: People don't need a reason to join the league, even if it makes no sense without a reason given. Anyone can do it! They can just walk in and say "Hey. I've got stuff. Lemme in." ... Because that's what it really, really seems like.

garwai

12-20-2012

Yeah, but I wish they could've at least put a line saying something like "When Vi heard about the League of Legends, she immediately grew excited at the prospect of testing her strength" or something like "After hearing about Caitlyn's victories in the League, she knew she couldn't let her partner one-up her" or SOMETHING.

Wickian

12-20-2012

She likes to beat people up. This gives her the excuse to beat them to death.

Snes C

12-20-2012

They've answered this: when they include a reason, it usually feels tacked on and a break from the character's story. The advantages of stating their reasons do not outweigh the disadvantages.

Trolosaurus

12-20-2012

Because Caitlyn did and since they are partners she wants to help her track down C.
So she trains to get stronger (probably just wants to punch people)

Methelod

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnesController View Post
They've answered this: when they include a reason, it usually feels tacked on and a break from the character's story. The advantages of stating their reasons do not outweigh the disadvantages.
And I'll be honest then. You are writing a bad character if explaining why they are in the game ruins the characters story. I understand that there is a limited amount of space, but overall the amount of lore written has been cut back severely. We used to have the JoJ, Judgements, heck, even those little comics for a short amount of time. In my opinion, there needs to either be more lore, or better usage of the small amount of space given in the characters lore.

SchierkeWiking

12-21-2012

I'm aware that the lore is really, really (really) low in Riot's list of priorities. But most of the time it feels like there's a single really unmotivated guy working on it and that they give him a vague description of the champion two hours before it's revealed for him to write the lore.

It feels like one of the cheapest elements of the game.

Disgruntler

12-21-2012

Caitlynn is in the league.

Done.

Some things are just obvious.

Methelod

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
Caitlynn is in the league.

Done.

Some things are just obvious.
False. Caitlyn joined the league to gain favor to better her ability to catch C. Vi has no such desire so joining the league is pointless for her outside of what I initially posted... which is not a serious statement.