@Riot Executions in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

there are a lot of failed attempts no doubt.

but i just kinda view it as cheese in general. it's an intuitive mechanic the way the map is currently balanced. but it wouldnt be an intuitive mechanic if the map gave some kind of penalty for just running into a tower.

what i mean is that in dota you can die to neutral camps and the enemy won't get any bounty. here you can also die to neutral camps but if an enemy was attacking you before you suicide to red buff they still get the gold. but also in dota dying to a tower isn't a good thing because the enemy has bounty gold/xp split. now everyone whos played that game understand that and the mechanic is intuitive to them because that's how the underlying game mechanics are designed.

my suggestion is to just make things easier on murder bridge. there's no neutral camps. there's no dragon. there's no baron. either you die by the opponent team/structures/minions or you live to fight another day. just make the mechanics easier to understand for new(er) ARAM players.

Zielmann

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
what i mean is that in dota you can die to neutral camps and the enemy won't get any bounty. here you can also die to neutral camps but if an enemy was attacking you before you suicide to red buff they still get the gold. but also in dota dying to a tower isn't a good thing because the enemy has bounty gold/xp split. now everyone whos played that game understand that and the mechanic is intuitive to them because that's how the underlying game mechanics are designed.

my suggestion is to just make things easier on murder bridge. there's no neutral camps. there's no dragon. there's no baron. either you die by the opponent team/structures/minions or you live to fight another day. just make the mechanics easier to understand for new(er) ARAM players.
By that logic, it only makes it easier to understand for people who have played dota prior to LoL. I don't fit in that crowd, and I can guarantee you that there are a large number of people playing this game that have no dota experience.

So from the point of view of players who never played dota, all they know is that in LoL, dying to towers or neutral camps gives no gold to the other team, but it doesn't remove your bounty. If it suddenly were different in ARAM, then it would actually be confusing to people new to ARAM but not to LoL.

And like I said before, back when ARAM came around, everybody was new to ARAM. And it certainly didn't take much time for people to realize that dying to a tower was a decent way to get to go shop without actually giving the kill to the other team. This pretty clearly refutes the whole "It's counter-intuitive to most people" argument.

Fuzen kuden

04-30-2013

needs to ither take 20 to 30 persent of your current gold or even make it so you cant buy