@Riot Executions in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

bump just for more opinions been a week

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

I personally dont mind it, if they kill us and have enough health to walk around til the timer breaks then die I feel thats my fault, i should have prevented that by not being dead.

what I would really really like is if homeguard was put in.

Kittyrina

01-10-2013

Nothing wrong at all with tower suicides, in my opinion. You have to time it right so you're not giving the other team a free kill, and often an enemy who just respawned can tag you for the free gold before you die.

New Gamerleans

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
I could be a minority here, but I always found that getting those in aram is kind of a gutless way to go. I can see the camp's side that it's skillful to die while not being hit by an enemy's ability. I just kind of view it as bad manners/gutless personally.

What if the death gold/xp was split evenly amongst the team from executions? Then you wouldn't get the whole "hey you got aced I better run at the tower" dilemma.

edit: no reason to downvote im just trying to see other people's thoughts. i mean i said iwas probably the minority.
I'm completely there with you on this. I actually am having an endless discussion from the majority of the ARAM community on my ARAM tournament thread (which is slightly annoying) on this topic. You'd be surprised however how many people agree with you man.

2pudge1cup

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roob Muh Nek View Post
I'm completely there with you on this. I actually am having an endless discussion from the majority of the ARAM community on my ARAM tournament thread (which is slightly annoying) on this topic. You'd be surprised however how many people agree with you man.
appreciate that

i figured with the responses/downvotes here that most people were happy to off themselves at a tower.

Ćnnie

01-12-2013

Quote:
I could be a minority here, but I always found that getting those in aram is kind of a gutless way to go. I can see the camp's side that it's skillful to die while not being hit by an enemy's ability. I just kind of view it as bad manners/gutless personally.

What if the death gold/xp was split evenly amongst the team from executions? Then you wouldn't get the whole "hey you got aced I better run at the tower" dilemma.

edit: no reason to downvote im just trying to see other people's thoughts. i mean i said iwas probably the minority.
Scrubs play by imaginary rules that they feel should apply to everyone, but in actuality the rule doesn't exists in the first place. (not to be insulting, but the bolded portion makes you sound like you fit this definition)

There is no such thing as "cheap" or "unfair" in a game unless its a power issue, executions in ARAM are not a power issue at all.

If you want a competitive game to be "fair" your in the wrong genre of game.

2pudge1cup

01-12-2013

Well, I'd never complain to someone in all chat for doing that since has been pointed out it is part of the game. I don't expect others to play by my rules unless the rules of the map are globally changed for everyone. I don't live in some fake world where only my rules apply and no one else's mean a thing.

As for the power issue, it is kind of one at least in the loose sense. You are ahead but the map doesn't allow you to shop unless you're dead. However if you are dead that should mean that the enemy team killed you. But if they kill you, you might lose your lead. Execution lets you not only keep that lead but also gain a free time to shop as well as refilling hp/mana to full. And the way to get that is kind of counter-intuitive. No one would ever think to run into a tower when they are low hp unless they see someone else do it (at least I hope not).

NinetyNineTails

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritotamar View Post
I have no problem with it at all.

I don't understand the argument that it's somehow a bad way to play.
It's the right way to play the map as it is currently implemented.

The question is if the map should be changed to prevent this sort of strategy.

IMHO, again, it is inherently snowbally and I think PG would be a better game mode if executions were removed.

Beravin

01-13-2013

I'm fine with it just as it is, and I've already posted why. But, if it were to be changed, simply remove the "tagged" timer. Right now, a champion can dive a turret and die after a certain amount of time for a free execution. Remove that, so the last person to attack will receive the full amount of gold. Assists should remain the same, and fade over time - for obvious reasons.

The above would be the least dramatic change to the current system. Mind, I'd rather keep the one we have now.

Zielmann

01-13-2013

Quote:
However if you are dead that should mean that the enemy team killed you.
The above statement is the disconnect with the majority of the community. Minions can kill you. Turrets can kill you. The fountain laser can kill you. Dying doesn't really imply that you were killed by the enemy team when there are other ways to die.

Quote:
But if they kill you, you might lose your lead. Execution lets you not only keep that lead but also gain a free time to shop as well as refilling hp/mana to full.
How does that let you keep that lead? You're dying 10-15 seconds after the enemy team died. They'll be respawning in a couple seconds, if they haven't already. Your team is now left in a disadvantageous situation (however many are still standing vs. 5) until you get back to the lane. Like I said in my last post, I've even seen this backfire where a team will suicide 2 or 3 of their people, and then the other team comes out, dives and kills the remaining 2 or 3, and then they get a tower for it. Did the suiciding team keep their advantage there? No.

The only thing that the other team is missing is any bounty gold from the player who suicided. But again, that bounty gold is earned by the other team killing the one on a spree. It's not just free money no matter how they die.

That said, I also see a lot of failed attempts at suicides in ARAMs. People mis-judge the timer from when they were last hit. It's especially difficult if there was a long DoT on you. You might not really notice exactly when it disappeared. So suiciding isn't really brainless. You not only need to make sure the team can handle you being gone (and that not too many people do it), but you also need to keep track of your last damage so that you don't wind up giving somebody a free kill.

Quote:
And the way to get that is kind of counter-intuitive. No one would ever think to run into a tower when they are low hp unless they see someone else do it (at least I hope not).
I feel like history shows that this is a pretty invalid statement. People were suiciding into towers since ARAM was first conceived. Well, perhaps since the snowball items were universally banned on SR ARAMs. Consider the following thought process:

"I have a lot of gold. I should spend it. But I need to die first. But I'd rather not give the other team the kill. How can I die without giving them the kill? Oooh, that shiny turret can do it for me!"

That doesn't seem too far-fetched to me. This kind actually rolls back to your very first statement that I quoted. I suppose that if you run with the thought of "If I die, an opponent had to have killed me", then I suppose the suiciding would be somewhat counter-intuitive, because you aren't acknowledging the other things in the game that can kill you.