4v5 for first 15 mins #ELOHELL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJChernobyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Nah JK, we won because we didn't play too agro in our lanes, and when janna came back, we got our 0-4 ez to legendary by the end of the game because we played smart on objectives. There you go. AFK does not = game loss. Purely anecdotal evidence, but most elo-hell proponents dont have anything but.

Gnarkill1

12-20-2012

I love this...

Vrykonik

12-20-2012

My brother and I won a 4v5 game where the person literally did not play the whole game. Simply put sometimes you can make up the difference of a player. Those who believe in ELO hell, really don't realize what ELO is. It is a mathematical formula that takes into account skill levels of various opponents, wins/losses, and is basically giving you a rating that means how likely you are to win at certain skill levels. It is absurdly accurate if you play enough games, and anyone who plays chess competitively and claims that a 1400 can be as good as even someone 200 points higher will just be laughed at. One rating class down and your odds of winning are slashed huge. No one is going to win every game, but to increase your ELO all you have to do is win the games you're supposed to, and not lose 1-2 that you normally would.

Gnarkill1

12-20-2012

I think people also severely underestimate and/or exaggerate the games that are winnable or unwinnable. Like Vrykonik said, simply winning a couple of those "unwinnable" games will give you the edge you need to gain elo. Instead, people want to declare "GG" on every First Blood or berate their allies for losing their lane instead of coming up with a constructive solution to turning the game around and then wonder why their elos plummet.