Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaKaBroLi

12-20-2012

I messed up my log on cause i typed "thanks riot" instead of my password. HAHA

THANKS RIOT!

crazylazybum

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarathval View Post
ya know guys, the reason why they raised the price for the first week, and only the first week... is cause people always complain about new champs in ranked for the first week... so if you farm up to 6300... then you gota play more or wait a week or use RP.
wouldn't making new champs unplayable in rank for the first week be the most effective way to satisfy these complaints? Now people can still play newer champions just for more money. Plus, it's also affecting non-ranked players as well. I think a better approach could be found here...if that was their intentions.

Zeddakis

12-20-2012

This is great as a person who spends lots of money and time playing the game I think that the changes are great..... but its all set up to rip even more money from us. If most are like me, and from what i can tell in just about every game you play when a new champ drops there is a person playing the new champ. The price going up for the first week wont stop people from buying it. Its a ploy they know that most will not wait. Get rid of your new get rich scam and stop sugar coating it. I think the idea is great as long as you do away with your one week start of HIGH pricing. I'm a buy it the day it comes out guy and your taking advantage of us. I love your game as we all do, but don't temp me with good your candy just to try put me in your van.

Omnichron

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaher View Post
You ****ing annoying kid's who are too lazy to farm up for some damn ip now I have to get 7800 because of all you're stupid sobbing.
So in reply you cry about how you have to farm a lil more IP that first week?

Prolix

12-20-2012

Just wanted to say 'thanks'. I think these changes are good, as honestly I had no idea what the pricing scheme was (if any) before. If nothing else, it's nice to have it documented. Well done, Riot.

Eluzion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

7800 is a money grab, because since they went to one skin, most people have stopped buying bundles and using the ip and buying the skin seperate cos its cheaper, make all the excuses you like.

Cutest BF NA

12-20-2012

So many people forget that Riot is also a business, and not a free game service.

The Great Asby

12-20-2012

how about a refund on some rp for people who bought some champions with 975

calebson

12-20-2012

YES I LOVE THIS IDEA
mainly cause the older champions appeal more to me that the newer ones

blindasleep

12-20-2012

I don't know if it is perfect, but it is a good change.