Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeroable

12-20-2012

does this mean the end of Champion Sales?

prizomrulz

Recruiter

12-20-2012

is there anything hippalus cant do?

About68Goats

12-20-2012

so when do we get refunds if we have all of these champs?
lol

vargo

12-20-2012

makes sense to up the first week price lower the amount of games that champ is played

Synchronicity138

12-20-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:

Immediate Price Reductions

The seven oldest 6300 IP champions (Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne) have all been reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP. As with all permanent price reductions, we’ll automatically refund the difference for anyone who’s purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today. These refunds will likely take at least a few days to fully process.

Hey Hippalus, does this mean that if I bought any one of the 7 above champions more than 2 weeks ago, it means I don't get a refund on them? just to clarify.

herduliekmudkip

12-20-2012

awkward moment when I bought lee sin 3 weeks ago.

Sushiman777

12-20-2012

Am I really the only one that thinks this is a horrible idea? How does this solve anything? All it really does it screw over the players that have been playing/supporting your game for years and already have a majority (if not all) of the champions. Now I have the spend more IP per champion. It also seems like Riot COMPLETELY ignored the fact that they said they would release champions at every price level.

Oh well. This is just another example of Riot ignoring their previous statements and going back on their word.

Lightsaber

12-20-2012

This is a good thing overall. Riot runs a business and a smart one at that. They are encouraging newer and semi-veteran players to expand their champion roster and hoping that they spend more in the long run. They are trying to capitalize on the impatience of people more by hoping they will spend 975 RP on the new champ instead of paying 7800 IP (even with longer windows to earn people will grow impatient..and I will probably be among them lol. 7800 IP is a lot to part with at once). I am definitely not complaining. I am just explaining Riot's business motives here.

Personally, I am very excited for the new champion price changes because I'm looking to expand my roster. Riot knows how to bring their fans what they want and still make lots of money. They know how to mix business and pleasure and I commend them.

Migrain

12-20-2012

Quote:
Lord of Z:
does this mean the end of Champion Sales?

Don't think this has any to do with the new prices sheet. This is only to avoid queue dodging during champion releases =)

Well anyways it's a pretty good idea tho since dodgers number has increases since last champion releases.

Doge For Life

12-20-2012

Will there be rp refunded if the champions were purchased or gifted during this holiday season?