Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TWD Rick Grimes

12-20-2012

Why are some of you complaining. If the extra IP cost is too much then buy RP or wait a week. They are gonna be making champions cheaper every champ release. That's saving us ALOT of IP in the long run. Look at the big pictures. This is very fair! Thanks riot!

Vladar7

12-20-2012

Sounds good except this:

Quote:
we’re targeting 14-17 new champions in 2013 -- around one every 3-4 weeks.
I think the current schedule of around 20 champions a year is ideal. But it's not that big of a difference, hopefully this will give you time to rework some older champions and add new maps, etc.

SaintAzerik

12-20-2012

It sounds great to me, thank you riot

Aametherar

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseForward View Post
well as a long time LoL player i find it offensive to raise the price of new champs to 7800... there is no good reason to do that... you talk about helping people get champs faster but you put a extra 1500 ip obstacle in the way again... stop beeing so greedy league... just to make it clear i have played LoL for over 2 years and im still missing a few champs, thats with the decent sum of money ive spent of league... im just saying in a game where ive been playing for 2 years and havent unlocked all the champs and you tell me its going to be harder to get the new champs...its straight non sense
Of those, how many do you know how to play? xD

PhatBear001

12-20-2012

Hi, I just saw the post about lowering Ezrael's price. I brought this guy for 6.3k around 7 hours BEFORE that posting was made. Like seriously, right before the posting. I did not get any refund, if I brought him around 3 hours later, I could have gotten him for 4.8k IP. I know that many players in the community wanted this change, but I did not get ANY refund that you guys were talking about and I feel that this makes it extremely unfair. I would like a refund in that 1.5k in IP please. I acknowledge your decisions, but I did not get any sort of refund from this and I can't refund Ezrael in the store. Thank you.

Please respond Riot...;3;

Because I just spent 6.3k on Ezrael...and DID NOT get any sort of refund that you guys were talking about for the players who brought Ezrael from 2 weeks prior to today.

Starzeh

12-20-2012

Nevermind good job riot... I've wanted ez for a long time, but always spend on something else lol.

0bscure0ne

12-20-2012

I like it. You can either choose to get the new toy early at the expensive cost, or you can wait a week to get it at the normal price. For some people who have all the champs or almost all that 7800 might be worth it, for others, it won't. Plus the fact that the price reductions now have a predictable formula is amazing. No longer is it just a random, oh these champs are going down in price. Now you can plan on getting some champs later when they're cheaper. Plus over time all the champions will depreciate toward the lower tiers which means new players won't need to break the ip bank to get champions when they need runes.

Tatsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

So wait, what if I gifted a champion (Nocturne) to a friend? Would I still get some RP back from the price reduction?

SweetTastOfBlood

12-20-2012

2 weeks prior? da ****. why cant you refund everyone who has already purchased these champions. It's kinda bull**** how we spent all our time trying to get these champs and the people who just bought them get refunds.

Diverb

12-20-2012

i really like these changes but the 7600 ip first week seems kinda crazy most people will just wait the one week to but but overall i love the changes