Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feneroe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Glad to see y'all finally doing something about pricing. The first week price is blah imo, but I can see why you'd want to encourage people shell out cash for new releases. Just means I'll have to wait a week for any champion I want.

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

It's awesome still because RP price for the first week remains the same! so if you invest in the game you get to try the new champion! yet if you don't want to invest you can just farm IP the old way! I love this

Gen Doukeshi

Senior Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
I just wish RP/IP prices were balanced. 975 RP = 6300 IP, yet a 450 IP champ sells for 260 RP?

4800 ip champs should cost 743 rp
3150 ip champs should cost 488 rp
1350 ip champs should cost 209 rp
450 ip champs should cost 70 rp

Who else agrees?
The point is to give you more IP value for money going UP, not a flat percentage of the top tier. That's just a really bad idea...

Koillu

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
The new launch IP will get rid of so many first-day instalockers. Good times are ahead!

So which character's getting reduced once Vi comes out?
Lol? Vi is already out, pretty sure this announcement was waiting to pop up past Vi release so we would have to wait more till the whole processus starts.

Ravechaosknight

12-20-2012

+1 Hippalus, but I must agree the temporary price increase is unwarranted. Now, this is coming from someone who typically just buys the new Champs bundle.

Now to give you some insight. It's not the fact that you're making the increase. This just seems like one of those "We'll just make a soft increase now, see how it goes, then later we'll make a harder increase and it won't hurt them as hard."

It's sort of like a foreshadowing of sorts, we're afraid this is just a test for a more serious increase later down the line. You guys tend to test the waters with these types of things.

Anywho, like I said you all have you hooks in me and I just buy new champs right out of the gate, but I'll gladly raise the issue for those that can't.

Koillu

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Doukeshi View Post
The point is to give you more IP value for money going UP, not a flat percentage of the top tier. That's just a really bad idea...
No, the bad idea is putting an RP price on 450 IP champion, thats a steal, you dont have to play much to get them, 260RP is still too much...

Darkvolcan

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koillu View Post
Lol? Vi is already out, pretty sure this announcement was waiting to pop up past Vi release so we would have to wait more till the whole processus starts.
Loool you're right, I'm dumb. I forgot she came out yesterday

To be fair, I spent most of yesterday half asleep =/

weretybe

12-20-2012

I approve! Good work RIOT!

Enexy

12-20-2012

I believe this makes Yorick the next 6300 champ to become 4800, followed by Leona.

Pie Kills

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
+1 Hippalus, but I must agree the temporary price increase is unwarranted. Now, this is coming from someone who typically just buys the new Champs bundle.

Now to give you some insight. It's not the fact that you're making the increase. This just seems like one of those "We'll just make a soft increase now, see how it goes, then later we'll make a harder increase and it won't hurt them as hard."

It's sort of like a foreshadowing of sorts, we're afraid this is just a test for a more serious increase later down the line. You guys tend to test the waters with these types of things.

Anywho, like I said you all have you hooks in me and I just buy new champs right out of the gate, but I'll gladly raise the issue for those that can't.
Who couldn't agree more?