Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kS Lucky

12-20-2012

Will any of the bundle packs have their price dropped as well? due to the champion -price drop-?
also, are any champions/skins going to be on sale this week? or are champions no longer going on sale due to this new 'price drop' on all champions?
I know its alot to ask for, especially since Riot just did a price drop, but it would still be good information to know.

EventHorizonn

12-20-2012

I love it. Finally Riot has stopped being money grubbing lunatics (no offense intended) and made a great decision. I love the new 7800 ip thing, because if you can't wait a week, then you deserve to pay an extra 1500. One question though, when do i get my difference refunds?

Dnthmp

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeMoose View Post
That was like reading a letter to a particularly dumb child.

What a generous gift- more time between champion releases so that we can pay more for them. Rereading that sentence hurts my head. Honestly, i just don't understand how that makes any sense at all to anybody but marketing. Fewer champions- and we have to grind more to pay for new ones- more reason to buy rp- right? It's a favor to us though- remember.
Finally! Someone with a brain.

Omnichron

12-20-2012

This sounds great.
I don't even mind the first week being more expensive. I think it will cut down the number of games where people fight to auto lock-in "insert brand new champion name here", or queue dodge if they aren't fast enough.

Only improvement I could ask for would be to rotate the older champs to cheaper rates just as frequently. I base this on what I've seen after all the older skins were just pulled out from storage and offered again for the next few weeks. With many of these skins being super cheap, 260RP, I've seen my friends and I buying up tons of the cheap skins even for champions that we don't play often. Based on this same logic, I know there's a lot of champs that we all think are ok but would only be purchased if they were cheaper. This would also broaden out the available champs to new starting players with little IP/RP to more than just the basic Ashe, Ryze, etc.

Sirallfire

12-20-2012

I don't see any reason why anyone would have an issue with this. Sounds like a great idea to me and all you have to do is wait a week for the price on new champs to drop.

Alessandra

12-20-2012

great change

and the first week price is quite good imo, so tired of everyone spamming every single new champion

should only be buying champion you are actually interested in playing, not just because they are shiny new

Aametherar

12-20-2012

This is almost exactly what I was asking for INCLUDING the increased initial price, thanks for listening to the players Riot <3

Moe the Great

12-20-2012

Love it, Riot. Just curious though, does this mean eventually all the champions I now know and love will become 450 RP champions?

NeoSlade

12-20-2012

I LOVE THIS,
butt.... wheres the nerf to Vi ... shes too strong

Aametherar

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe the Great View Post
Love it, Riot. Just curious though, does this mean eventually all the champions I now know and love will become 450 RP champions?
No.