Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurora Hycan

12-20-2012

Honestly Riot, I ****ing hate you as a company. Thanks for the ban btw

Sincerely,
Someone who has supported you for a while

Tarnished Elo

12-20-2012

This is not fair to your older players I already have just about all champs so know the ones I already own lose value while new champs are going to cost more.

Written Work

12-20-2012

I really like this system, good job Riot. ^o^

Razzcastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

hell yeah. Out of those champions they're reducing, I only own Ezreal and Lee Sin.

VanguardRaven

12-20-2012

At the current rate, champions are being released quicker than I can raise enough IP to get them.

My main concern is the purchase of 6300 IP champs and their eventual drop of 1500 IP. For a person like me who does not play very much and gets on average only a couple of hundred IP a day (and don't even play every day for that matter), the thought of eventually losing 1500 IP with each 6300 IP champion is not something I am happy about, and it's definitely given me second thoughts about buying any more 6300 IP champs in future. Doubly so in regards to spending any RP (real money!) on 6300 IP champions only for me to lose some of it sometime in the future. I think I'll just buy all the cheaper champions first before I even consider wasting my points on the more expensive champions.

Another thing that's bothering me is this: New champions have been consistently priced at 6300 IP on release. It's getting predictable and boring. Here's an idea: Now and again why don't you release two champions at once for say 3150 IP or 4800 IP each? It could make things more interesting if done right.

PianoConspiracy

12-20-2012

Freaking love this change

Malister

12-20-2012

Wow, a "tl,dr" section on a post that takes at most four minutes to read. Why are some people so impatient?

kylesmash

12-20-2012

you all need to read, they will drop if they gave you 3-4 weeks ot farm ip then how would they make money , everyone would just buy the enw champ this way its harder to get it and thus some will still play with RP.

it makes complete sense good post and thank you for the drop

Turtle Rojas

12-20-2012

Reading from the first people complaining how they pay ip for the new champs, I have to say be happy. This game could be pay to play or pay to win, but this game is a free to play, balanced, fun game. Riot has to earn money or else they couldn't bring us the product we use so often.

I've only bought about $75 of RP and that's about a little more than the cost of a new console game. It's worth it because I can get those new champions while paying for the game and supporting it.

You don't have to pay, but it does support the company. That's what makes this game amazing. You don't have to pay. The only thing you miss out on is earlier obtaining champions which isn't too much considering you play for free.

Skull Guy

12-20-2012

I have to say I very much dislike the new initial release price. I admit I tend to wait a week anyway for a new champions, but sometimes there is one I just really want to play right off the bat, like Jayce or Zed.

I'm sure the reasons are fiscal, but it is a bit disappointing.