Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sairentosutoka

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh So Snarky View Post
RIOT, please listen to what I have to say. Us that have purchased all of these champs with RP and IP SHOULD be refunded. Not two weeks prior to the purchase, but for all time. It's kind of ridiculous how I paid 975 for a decent bit of 3150 champs and now they went to 790? I should be refunded my 205 RP. I like the idea but that's my only concern. Thanks!
agreed even tho i havnt spent any riot points on a champion below 6300 ip since it was a sham and waste of money i agree was pretty ridiculous for 3 tiers of same rp price

Fuñ

12-20-2012

Love, Love, Love this update!

Archæ

12-20-2012

Also, with every third champion release, an additional champion currently priced at 4800 IP or lower will be reduced to the next lowest tier, based on age and ease of play.

so what you are telling me is hat trundle or karma will free soon?

Katuhstrofik

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyominoma View Post
Its a free game that you can freely obtain all the characters by playing it.
Also lowering the price to something as low as 70rp nets new players ALL of the current 450ip champions. You know whos in that list? Master Yi.

nuff said
They can't do this... This is a free game and with time all champions are free to own for playing a game we all love.

Asking them to lower RP prices is like hitting them below the belt after they have put so much work into making this such a great game.

Even before the RP changes, any RP I've ever spent (latest purchase includes Eternum Nocturne and an IP boost) is RP well spent, and money very well deserved by Riot.

Lhyanc

12-20-2012

Good call. Thanks for the communication.

ScubaSteve5

12-20-2012

I think this is a really good move by Riot. This may not please all the really avid players who want to try people out as soon as possible, but this will definitely be popular with more casual players. Dropping the prices is a really good idea, and it will allow for people who don't use RP to get a taste of some of the 6300's. I think that although the 1st week price may appear steep to some people, its really not that bad. Just wait a couple of weeks for the next champ, and by then the price will get knocked down plenty. This is like irl economics, and everyone is going to have some extra IP in their pockets for runes now. This is why I enjoy the Riot community more than the community for any other game I play. You guys stay informed, communicate with players, and work really hard to make us happy with the game. Good work

TheKrookedKilla

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh So Snarky View Post
RIOT, please listen to what I have to say. Us that have purchased all of these champs with RP and IP SHOULD be refunded. Not two weeks prior to the purchase, but for all time. It's kind of ridiculous how I paid 975 for a decent bit of 3150 champs and now they went to 790? I should be refunded my 205 RP. I like the idea but that's my only concern. Thanks!

That doesn't make any sense. That's like buying a car, two years later they reduce the price, and you feel you shouldn't have to pay the 20,000 you did, you wanna pay the 10,000 it is now. Life doesn't work that way.

King Jong il Jr

12-20-2012

DAMN bro...!!.. 7800 IP .. I have to work my butts off to even get 6300 ip... 7800 ip..hell no

Azerax53

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4mbam View Post
I bought Ezreal when he was on sale for 487, does this mean I'll be returned a fraction of the RP I purchased him with? Then I'll be able to pick up his Legacy skin, 8D.
no, you bought him at a reduced price, you'll only get it if you bought him at 975.

PandoraIsALady

12-20-2012

Awesome ideas, this will give me a better champ selection ^^