Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onyominoma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I like the idea of getting refunded for the multiple champs i already have purchased, and if that continues to happen with the new updates of champion prices getting reduced I'll just randomly have IP returning to my account and that would be pretty cool.

Also the 6300-7800 jump is very generous, it could have been alot more, so thank you to that as well.

PhuttBucket

12-20-2012

I cannot like this post enough. This finally makes sense, and reducing the prices of older champs in concurrence with the release of new champs is one of the smartest decisions I've seen Riot make in entire time I've been playing this game. Good move Riot.

DocLolliday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

This was written by Pierce7D a logical fellow who hit the nail on the head in every way:

"Sorry bro, but League of Legends isn't your exclusive vault, and you still have more than pretty much 99.9% of people. How people this privileged can complain about stuff is so foreign to me. "Spoiled" is really the only word that comes to mind. If you don't like the price hike, you have the option of WAITING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnthmp
You're a complete moron. The only purpose the increased IP costs serves is to increase the attractiveness of purchasing the champion with RP. It is a direct attempt to make more money. They are trying to pass this off as benefit to the community when it is done to benefit them the most. I have enough IP for whatever I want so I don't care about any of that. I'm disgusted by companies who do things like this.

Its like this...."Oooh girl, I'm breaking up with you so you can study more. This is for your benefit."

Please, don't insult the players intelligence.
You've already marred your own argument by calling me a moron, however, I'm in a good mood, so I'll still dance with you.

Suppose the PRIMARY purpose of increasing the initial IP Cost is to encourage more people to buy with RP. SO WHAT? So you are saying that as a company, Riot should not raise prices to make more money? Even if they didn't give us multiple benefits to accompany this price hike, it is still within their rights as a company to raise prices to make more money. However, they are raising the price of ONE PRODUCT TEMPORARILY. Each time they do this, they PERMANENTLY LOWER THE PRICE OF A PRODUCT OF EQUAL VALUE.

Mind you, this is an a price hike of an artificial currency that they provide to you FOR FREE to play their FREE GAME, so that you have an alternative option which allows you to play ZERO DOLLARS.

Your analogy is trash. It's so bad, that I can't even figure out a way to twist it to being correct. Anyone reading this, please feel free to enlighten me if you can make more sense of it than I can."

Thanks Pierce for this intelligent comment you posted on page 51. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Dnthmp

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce7d View Post
You've already marred your own argument by calling me a moron, however, I'm in a good mood, so I'll still dance with you.

Suppose the PRIMARY purpose of increasing the initial IP Cost is to encourage more people to buy with RP. SO WHAT? So you are saying that as a company, Riot should not raise prices to make more money? Even if they didn't give us multiple benefits to accompany this price hike, it is still within their rights as a company to raise prices to make more money. However, they are raising the price of ONE PRODUCT TEMPORARILY. Each time they do this, they PERMANENTLY LOWER THE PRICE OF A PRODUCT OF EQUAL VALUE.

Mind you, this is an a price hike of an artificial currency that they provide to you FOR FREE to play their FREE GAME, so that you have an alternative option which allows you to play ZERO DOLLARS.

Your analogy is trash. It's so bad, that I can't even figure out a way to twist it to being correct. Anyone reading this, please feel free to enlighten me if you can make more sense of it than I can.
You're still missing the point. It doesn't matter if the game is free. It doesn't matter if IP is free. They can hike whatever price they want its their company, their product. The problem with this entire announcement is the facade they are creating that this is what people have been asking for and its done for the benefit of the consumer.

My analogy, which flew over your head, was to highlight the facade created by someone doing something to their benefit while trying to convince you its for you, not for them. I bet if you look at their revenue the majority of it does not come from new players, which this may help A LITTLE, by reducing the price of a champion by $1 every 3 weeks, but from their existing player base and primarily from new releases.

Keeping you on topic and educating you is taking too much of my time so if you still do not understand after this that the issue is out of disgust for how repulsive marketing and PR is then there is no hope. Good day sir.

EndlessWhispers

12-20-2012

my dick got hard from the excitement. Keep going riot. Im liking it

Donyrage

12-20-2012

I think this is a great patch, and I actually LIKE the new 1 week launch price. Now others can wait...while I don't.
MUAHHAHAHWHWAHHWAHAWHAWHAWHAHWHAWHAWHWAHAHAWHAWHAW AWH.

sugarcrotch

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
That all seems reasonable, though I don't see the point in increasing new champions for the first week. Nobody buys them then except people who are really excited for their kit or people with way too much IP kicking around. Obviously the latter type of person won't care, but it seems like you're mostly punishing people for their excitement by adding a surcharge.

its mostly to encourage rp buying i would think

Dracid

12-20-2012

still kind of silly...3150 champs should cost half of the 975 RP or slightly more.....

Roar123

Recruiter

12-20-2012

<3

Altrec

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxs View Post
I think that the 7800 is perfect. it's 1 week so that means that not everyone will get it on release and then be like "I'm gonna dodge or play this champion" kinda make the first week a bit easier to deal with spread out the time so more people can try it when they actually buy it.
It is perfect until you realize all those 1st week headaches become second week headaches. So instead of one frustrating week we now get two moderately to extremely frustrating weeks. I like the rest of the changes, but the 7800 release is pure nonsense in my book.