Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

This is epic. I have every champion already, but this will help my friends and family who play league, while also allowing me slightly more chances to play new champions for the first week!

NICE.

Emailsupport007

12-20-2012

I bought Lee nocturne and vladimir all full cost Rp on the date 12/13/12 and 1 of them a couple days after and I have not been refunded the rp yet when will this happen?

I crap unicorns

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sndrs View Post
im very disgusted with the price change. I've been playing league of legends for the longest. I get every champ the week it comes out with ip I have saved up cause I've invested so much time in money into this game that I have every relevant tier 3 rune, every champion, 11 rune pages, and atleast 20 skins.

so basically all veteran players are gonna get from this announcement... "hey its gonna take us longer to give u champs and they're gonna cost more... and hey remember all that **** you invested in... we're gonna make it easier for other people to get now. have a nice day"

riot fail.
Yeah they said they are making champs less often so that we have more time to save up, but its just an excuse to make champs less often. At least thats how i took it.

Skeddyz

12-20-2012

Great changes riot, keep up the good work

HairyMonkeySack

12-20-2012

in the store i just noticed that elise is now older than xerath when you order the champions by release date so you should probably fix that.

bloopsound

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
We have your word on this, Riot? This is generally a pretty great announcement, but I swear to god, if you end up making 7800 IP the DEFAULT price for a new champion -and then launch them with a higher first week price- I'm done with you.

I know what you said, but let's be completely blunt here- you've lied to our faces before, especially where money is concerned.

That said, I approve of the slower champion release schedule. I can already only afford about every second champion anyway, if you'd stuck with the biweekly schedule I'd NEVER be able to afford older champions I don't have like Shen, Vladimir, Corki or Lee Sin, not to mention more runes and rune pages.
^you don't need every champion on release... pick and choose what you like... all of the champions have a unique flair. Buying based on how new they are is absurd. If a new champion comes out that you adore you will be all the more happy when you are part of the few people that have it and can actually use it without queue dodging insta locks.

I Found Baron

12-20-2012

Lol i find it funny how there is a TL;DR for a short post XD.
BTW I can finally get noc ez and vayne. Thanks Riot!

RelishInGlory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

:megusta:

Dnthmp

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopsound View Post
Please don't be so rude on this topic, Riot the developer of League offers this game for no cost what so ever. Like all businesses they need to be profitable to feed families and drive the economy as well. Unlike other games they put a lot of time and effort to continuously improving the game and removing toxic players. If you are so disgusted you need to really learn about how the business world works.... ECON 101 prices increase with demand
I understand all of this and actually finished ECON 101 with an A+, which I didn't even know was possible in college until that point. I also don't have a problem with any of these things. I have a problem when they're done behind a facade.

Soda

12-20-2012

I think the price for the new champ coming out is just fine, You have a lot of time to save up to get those champ with IP.