Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosInfernal11

12-20-2012

Hippalus for president.

Mr Ratz

12-20-2012

Thank you. I think this is a great idea

CatBurglarNami

12-20-2012

I like it!

Sh3n0

12-20-2012

I'm loving Season 3! Lovely changed, Riot!

Tonberrykinq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Edited: Derp, didn't see there were multiple posts from Hippalus.

I like these changes. The initial week of increased IP cost will be good overall I think. It will let people who are a bit more on the fence or who would prefer to wait get the opportunity to see the champion in action to potentially stave off an impulse by that ends up regretted. It will also make it a bit more rewarding for purchasing the champion with RP in that first week and give it a bit more of an exclusive feel. If you want a champion that badly with IP that is about to come out, we get a few weeks of notice nowadays for new champions. A few extra wins worth of games shouldn't be a huge deterrent if you are really and truly excited for a champion and don't want to spend RP to purchase them. Excellent work Hippalus, these changes are fantastic. Thank you!

Now I'm anxiously awaiting a compiled list of champion launches to help me figure out what champions are coming up next for reductions.

ZiPS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

*Sees first week IP cost hike*
"I'm okay with this."

GameCzar13

12-20-2012

Are you guys ever gonna make the skins available for IP. I understand that is the way you make most of your revenue, but it would make the game slightly better if others had skins.

PoopSlapped

12-20-2012

wow... this is a fantastic change! A+ for LoL Revolution!

Dnthmp

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayMii View Post
So apparently the decrease of people instalocking the newest champ and other people dodging because they want to play the newest champ isn't a benefit. Not to mention that you could just wait a week for the price to fall back to the way it was. And how the whole point of this was so it would be easier for players to predict price drops (instead of waiting 2 years in silence).
You're missing the point. Waiting for a champion to go DOWN to REGULAR price isn't a benefit or increasing affordability. Nor is a 2 year wait for that champion to actually fall below their current NORMAL release price.

You do realize that every 3 weeks 1 champion will become $1 cheaper.

And every 6 weeks 1 champion will become $1 cheaper and an additional champion will also become $1 cheaper.

Stozax

12-20-2012

I bought lee sin a month ago when he was 6300, now his price got reduced and i don't get the 1500 IP