Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mid Is A Feeder

12-20-2012

Only the 2 weeks? LAME :C

Should be within the refund period.

Technician Tim

12-20-2012

so there isnt going to be as much queue dodging on champ release, due to people not having the champ, riot proves they arent money hungry scumbags by releasing less, but better quality stuff, and we save money/time overall...good job riot, faith in you restored

Jaxsyn

12-20-2012

So glad you finally did this as I was seeing 3150ip champs for 975rp and when I have the rp I simply think to myself that is completely unworth spending that on it even though I want that champ as I could buy a champ that would take me more time to accumulate ip for the same price which makes no sense and I am glad at the changes in ip pricing will be driven on release date now seeing as currently there are champs that are older than a lot that are still at 4800 or 6300 and then there are champs that are newer that are at 1350ip which I understand maybe that champ isn't a) as powerful or b) commonly purchased but I still feel that it is like with a tv even though a lot of people may buy the (fat back) more commonly doesn't mean they should be higher priced than a flat panel lcd which is about 5 years newer in technology if you know what I mean.

Cyphie

12-20-2012

All of this I find wonderful, but I can't help but disslike the IP increase on the 1st week, it highly favors thoes who have RP to spend. Thoes of us who don't have an excess of money to spend on the game get punished, while thoes who spend real money on it get rewarded. In a perfect world the RP price would go up too, but its ok riot, I understand, money is alluring. Keep up the good work!

Mid Is A Feeder

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTintillo View Post
Karma and Maokai aren't older than Noc, Lee, Vayne and Brand?
Maokai is 4800, he used to be 6300. And karma is 3150.

Riblen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Nice

Tts Trillen

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoBubbles View Post
Personally, i think this re-pricing is a well thought out idea, however, i would still greatly appreciate a way to exchange IP for RP
The issue there is that RP is one of the only ways for riot to make money and if they dont keep some content locked away to be purchased with real money only then the would lose a lot of money. I am fine with the rp system as is it is so much better then some other "free two play" systems where instead of aesthetics, power is sold and the only way to enjoy the game at the top level is to pay and pay a lot. I really respect Riot for the way they do there RP system.

Arcane Azmadi

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is the result of a few months of research and testing. It is not a test. My plan is to not think about champion pricing for the next year at least, as there are a lot of other challenges to address.
We have your word on this, Riot? This is generally a pretty great announcement, but I swear to god, if you end up making 7800 IP the DEFAULT price for a new champion -and then launch them with a higher first week price- I'm done with you.

I know what you said, but let's be completely blunt here- you've lied to our faces before, especially where money is concerned.

That said, I approve of the slower champion release schedule. I can already only afford about every second champion anyway, if you'd stuck with the biweekly schedule I'd NEVER be able to afford older champions I don't have like Shen, Vladimir, Corki or Lee Sin, not to mention more runes and rune pages.

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
so there isnt going to be as much queue dodging on champ release, due to people not having the champ, riot proves they arent money hungry scumbags by releasing less, but better quality stuff, and we save money/time overall...good job riot, faith in you restored
No, there will just be queue dodging a week after release.

Whelk

12-20-2012

First I get a free half off on a legendary skin I bought ages ago, and now we get news of sweeping IP reductions. You guys just keep impressing me. Amazing job all!