Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaedricChampion

12-20-2012

well guess we won't seeing many of the new champs for the first week unless its people who are in love with that champ

bloopsound

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnthmp View Post
You're a complete moron. The only purpose the increased IP costs serves is to increase the attractiveness of purchasing the champion with RP. It is a direct attempt to make more money. They are trying to pass this off as benefit to the community when it is done to benefit them the most. I have enough IP for whatever I want so I don't care about any of that. I'm disgusted by companies who do things like this.

Its like this...."Oooh girl, I'm breaking up with you so you can study more. This is for your benefit."

Please, don't insult the players intelligence.
Please don't be so rude on this topic, Riot the developer of League offers this game for no cost what so ever. Like all businesses they need to be profitable to feed families and drive the economy as well. Unlike other games they put a lot of time and effort to continuously improving the game and removing toxic players. If you are so disgusted you need to really learn about how the business world works.... ECON 101 prices increase with demand

NegroNemesis

12-20-2012

I can dig this change, well done, Riot.

WGlint

12-20-2012

Today OP was not a badnews.. Good ****.

Moons

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikain View Post
Now they need to tell us the first champs that are going down
As they presented, they are lowering the price of the oldest 6300. In fact, they are down to 4800 already.

After every release of a new champion there will be lower price for the oldest 6300. According to the release data, it will be:

Yoric
Leona
Wukong
Skar, Skar, Skarner!
Talon
Riven - after 5th new release of 2013
(...)
Finishing at Nautilus as the last champion of 2013 (If they release at least 14, as they promised)

Witfits QQ

12-20-2012

Lets up the price NO ONE WILL NOTICE! Looks like Riot is trying to screw us over yet again!

Harvester

12-20-2012

Will there be any new notices in the store to explain these changes to new players in the future? Once this thread is pushed off the homepage, will have an easy way to figure out how champion pricing works? I think this thread it is worth a link from the in-game store. I think the same thing applies to teaching new players about champion and skin sales to encourage them to keep up with news on the LoL website.

AndThePigGoesMoo

12-20-2012

+1 Hippalus. You are now my favorite Rioter. : D

I've appreciated seeing some of the legacy skins brought back and other work you and other Rioters are doing for us. It will be nice to now have more of a set schedule of champion price reductions. I really like the first week ip price increase. Personally if I want a champ enough to buy them the first day I'll get the bundle. This has only happened once. It will be nice to encourage first day/week purchases to only those that seriously intend to play the champion.

Jaysii

12-20-2012

I didn't get refunded my RP for buying Ezreal at 975 RP

Automofearmotron

12-20-2012

Lee-Sin will be reduced in IP. SCREW YOU GUYS I JUST BOUGHT HIM!
Anyone who purchased these champs in the last two weeks will be refunded the difference.
I'm blushing...sorry for my outburst.