Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mimicahero

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyChalice View Post
Great so now only people who purchase champions with RP will only be able stomp everyone in ranked

Theres no way people will be able to save up for 7800 and do it again
why not ban the champ then?

Feriluce

12-20-2012

Great! Thanks, Riot, I really like these changes. Even the increased price on release. I hope it'll make less people play the new champs as soon as they come out.

Hoonani

12-20-2012

Does this mean faster remodeling releases of old champs?

kefanza

12-20-2012

Good guy riot does a bunch of stuff- AFTER I UNINSTALLED ;_;

SheroQuinkan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I ****ing <3 You Hippalus.

No ****

Sparticus018

12-20-2012

Well done, the changes look sensible and have a predictability that the old system lacked.

HolyChalice

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimicahero View Post
why not ban the champ then?
I already do that when I am the captain but I can't be the captain every game.

Thunderfrog

12-20-2012

I like it!

Sarif Fice

12-20-2012

Just what we always wanted... increased price! Riot listens to feedback well.

DubbsBunny

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feybred View Post
All of the changes are fine, raise prices, lower prices, put out champions everyday idc, the only thing that isnt fair, is when you lower the price of champions and dont give that ip back to your older players the purchased the champion when it was at 6300. This isnt like selling vehicles where prices go down gradually because the car itself doesnt hold up to the performance of the newer vehicles being created or runs out of demand. This is a game where champions dont lose their performance and everyone can have that same champion without waiting for it to be made in an assembly line. I keep things simple and its not to much to ask for riot to give my hard earned IP back after you lower the price of a champion I worked so hard to get. I speak for all players you deserve your ip back, Is it fair that you give to a company for years and they dont give back occasionally? We put riot where they are today because of playing their game, and buying their merchandise, thats how we thank them, through constantly supporting them and giving them new ideas to build off of to make this a better game. Don't just say thank you to your fans, actually show that you really appreciate us. All of the information i read on this forum is just a spit in my face as a player.
Do you have any idea what this would do to League? Anytime you have an in-game currency, you are managing an economy. If you were to refund IP to everybody who had ever bought a champ that has decreased in price, you would flood the market with IP. Everybody would buy new champs and a ton of people would have full rosters. RP purchases and further IP purchases would plummet.

Like I mentioned before, the 1500 IP difference in the price you paid in the past and the price today counts as an enjoyment cost. If you enjoyed your experience with the champ for a year, then 1500 IP is not unfair to ask for giving you that playtime. Riot offers a free game and great customer service, but they are still a company and need to make a profit. Why on earth would they collapse their own in-game economy and forfiet millions of dollars in RP purchases?

This is the difference between running a successful company and the false entitlement of a greedy player.