Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pierce7d

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmond View Post
Oh, so... They are giving us more time to farm more IP? You do realize this change just costs us more time, right?

Regardless, I'm glad we're finally getting regulamentation over price reductions.
Tell me more about how Riot is griefing you by letting you spend your time playing their free game.

Pizawle

12-20-2012

Riot, this is brilliant. Really feels great to be a player and consumer of your wonderful game when you do things like this, proving you care about your customer base.

The first week increase is perfectly understandable, and I hope you are not discouraged by the haters. We love you guys, even them.

xhardwirex

12-20-2012

how are people saying this is great????

you have lied to us every day sence this game came out. you said we will do a mix of prices on release then every thing cost 6300 on release now youre uping the price? **** you i dont play this game every hour of every day.

Fenrir Slakt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Hippalus, please read this:

What about the released champions' skin bundles? Will their pricing change in any way, shape or form or remain the same?

Lvl100 Haunter

12-20-2012

Question. Say I bought Vladimir when he was on sale say 487, but his rp price was lowered to 880 (On sale price is now 440). Does that mean I would refunded the rp from when he was on-sale (440 from 487), or no? Just wondering.

Fatal Wrath

12-20-2012

so when is the refunds happening? i purchased an Ezreal 12/15/12. I should get refunded the difference.

erikaXcyanide

12-20-2012

Overall great changes, glad they're adjusting the RP prices to better reflect the IP prices. Knowing that older 6300 champs will be getting reduced and continue to over time is awesome.
Wish I didn't think the 7800ip first week thing is just to push more people into spending RP on the champ or bundle but otherwise not a big deal and might mean less chaos when a new champ is released.
Gj Riot.

ammosYT

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Really like this but will there be RP refunds? doesn't matter if there's not

Dnthmp

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
But we are the people who supported Riot from the start. And over the course of a month? You mean once every 2 to 3 weeks. That is still a lot of game time and is unrealistic for someone to go for 7800 IP every 2 to 3 weeks. I mean, 6300 was hard enough.

It is fine for newer people or those who don't have every Champion. In fact, it helps new players get into the game much more so. However, it is still a horrible plan for those who have every Champion and just await the next one.
I bet if you take a look at Riots revenue very little of it is from new players. In fact the RP price difference between an "older" and new champion is around $1.

2 Percent Phat

12-20-2012

This looks really great and well thought out. Now the only people who will purchase the champions on their release week will be those who actually want to dedicate themselves to that champion, I really like this, good job Riot.