Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Electrolytes

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Well that's depressing I bought Nocturne on the 4th 2 days before 2 weeks prior to today.

Angry juju

12-20-2012

More expensive first week is both unnecessary and a money grab. You just want to FORCE people to pay with the champions with real money.

The other price reductions aside, which are so minimal it's pathetic (you're still paying the same prices, you just get a little extra spare RP after a purchase). Riot aren't in a tight financial spot, they just want more money.

antmoose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

im really happy with this at first i was not to sure about the idea of them being 7800 but then i thought bout it the fact it takes like 4 days to get 6300 in a week you can get 7800 and now we have 3-4 weeks if you cant get it in 1 meaning insted of killing all your ip on new champs you can save up even more for runes rune pages and so on plus the price reduction is great since there are so many 6300 ip champ.

Digitalon

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is the result of a few months of research and testing. It is not a test. My plan is to not think about champion pricing for the next year at least, as there are a lot of other challenges to address.
Hippalus, I don't know how you do it but, you are consistently awesome. I've been meaning to get Vlad for a long time but I always get baited into buying newer champions :P.

Thanks so much for your hard work!

alaskaneagle

12-20-2012

I gave nocturn as a gift will I get some rp refunded for that or is it just purchases for your self?

I like pretty much everything about this move. I like the temporary peek price for immediate purchasing which should make it more prestigious and less common, the lowering of older champs to make the pricing more fair, and I really like that you are slowing down the releases <-- It was a bit over whelming trying to keep up with learning all the new champs's strengths and weaknesses well enough to play them or at least know how to counter them. GJ from both a player and business standpoint.

Byakk087

12-20-2012

Cheers, Hippalus. o7 The initial IP hike doesn't seem so bad with the reduced release schedule, and the new RP prices are acceptable as well.

Looking forward to seeing what other projects and/or experiments shake out over the next year - if nothing else, everything you've been up to so far has been very interesting.

Agrias34

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Anyone else find this.... poo? New launch price of 7800 is okay, I can deal. But already owning all other champions, this does absolutely nothing for me except up the price of the new champs.....

The other huge part of this message, is that they are now only going to release 1 new champion per month....

What happened riot? Run out of ideas already?
This is complete doggy doodoo, I liked having new champs, 2 per month was great, kept things fresh and new, and made me need to play more often to accumulate IP to make sure I could keep up. Now I'll just play until I get 7800, wait a month for a new hero, then play him for about a week and not play again for a month... This change makes no sense and is a bad move on your part.

purplekronik

12-20-2012

riot sucks and ruined this game, i quit

Whitewind617

12-20-2012

I'm not too wild about the idea that all new champions are now guaranteed to not only cost 6300, but to be 7800 for the first week, but all of the other changes are probably worth that in the long run, and I guess it makes sense.

We'd still like to see occasional decreases in prices for champions under 4800 IP however. I hope this doesn't mean that champions are going to sit at 3150 forever now.

Junmita

12-20-2012

Nice, this will help me catch up a little