Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xialoh

12-20-2012

I was pissed off for a second. I've been waiting since Sunday to buy a champ, and since there were no champ sales, I bought Vayne at like 3 AM last night. Then this pops up. I'm gonna be like 70 RP short of buying 2 champs and 2 skins this month and then the price of Vayne drops by 95 >_>.

But it's all k. Riot is refunding the difference. Good times. Otherwise awesome news. I don't buy champs release week anyway, and I'm not afraid to spend RP if I do..

iSmother It

12-20-2012

"The seven oldest 6300 IP champions (Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne) have all been reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP. As with all permanent price reductions, we’ll automatically refund the difference for anyone who’s purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today."

still waiting on my rp difference refund on vlad,nocturne and brand

The Camel Rider

12-20-2012

Holy ****, this is amazing news!

Ive always wanted skins, but decided to buy champions instead... Now I might actually be able to get some skins instead!

This is why I love you Riot.

EDIT: On that note, Riot plz, I need 23 RP for Pharaoh Amumu.

Archer Lusk

12-20-2012

yay for the difference refund... oh wait I bought Brand 2 weeks and 1 day ago -_-* It should really be a month...

Amido Black

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
RP costs now match IP cost accordingly:

• 3150 IP = 790 RP
  • 6300 IP = 975 RP
So shouldn't "accordingly" mean half the IP cost corresponds to half the RP cost?

Sole15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I love what yeah did and all Riot but its a little unfair for people that have been playing the game for over two years that bot most of these champions on release -.-

Jxpwn

12-20-2012

Riot, please don't implement new champion launch prices. That's not cool. not very happy with this change.

Zellboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Really interesting question now. I was just gifted brand from my gf, will one of us get the refund on the rp cost on him?

Keitterman

12-20-2012

of course... after i unlock all the champs, the price goes down.. Oh well, Vi is pretty rockin'

Rav Abaddon

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
  • New champion launch price is… 7800 IP / 975 RP
  • After one week, the price is reduced to… 6300 IP / 975 RP
  • Each release, the oldest 6300 is reduced to… 4800 IP / 880 RP
  • Each third release, an additional 4800 IP or lower champion is reduced to one of the remaining tiers…
    • 3150 IP / 790 RP
    • 1350 IP / 585 RP
    • 450 IP / 260 RP
I'm going to save this. I hope it'll keep you honest. Don't get fired or something stupid, so it'll apply for as long as possible.