Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XuWarrior

12-20-2012

I know it's sensitive topic
I know you spoke about that but

Hippalus since you lurkin on forums - question about Rune Pages

You Think 6300IP its not a bit too mutch for rune page ?
There are any plans to lower cost Rune Pages ? ( IP COST).

Or once Per month make "Promotion" where Rune page cost 4800 IP or something lower (Im not marketing guy) What you think ?

purplekronik

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenBLD View Post
This is a good idea. However, I believe some of the more popular champions should never reach the 450 IP bracket. I feel like champions like Diana or Ezreal or even Lee Sin should stay at least 1350 at the lowest. I'm not sure how others feel, but I feel great when I save up to get a champion that I think is amazing. There has to be some type of feeling of achievement for us to reach!
exactly, they basicly are making it so everyone has every champ, this is stupid, there is no goals anymore without expensive and cheap champions, dumbass riot " LETS MAKE ALL THE GOOD EXPENSIVE CHAMPS CHEAP SO PEOPLE ONLY PLAY THEM AND NOT THE UNDERPOWERED CHAMPS!!!! LETS RUIN THE GAME HERP DERP WERE RIOT"

Fenix9000

12-20-2012

meh
only think the REALLY old champions, like vlad, should get lowered slightly
Don't touch the high-skill level champions (like Lee sin, or Vayne) so that noobs wont be overwhelmed when they buy them :P
cheap champions encourage low- skill level players to buy them, and not get overwhelmed
Keep it like this, dont reduce prices just for the sake of reducing prices :P ( although i do like some of these changes)

purplekronik

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
So, who's the retard who came up with that idea?
riot

Ashfordjim

12-20-2012

I like just these changes! The RP ratio as IP prices go down are still going to keep me spending money on the 7800/6300IP tier of champions, but the release + reduction in old 6300 champ change is very welcome. New players without a lot of champions should feel less intimidated about building their stable!

Predator Missile

12-20-2012

Damn, I wish I could take advantage of this but I already own every single champion including Vi.

(and I've spent a good deal of RP on some)

RavenHusky

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
With all due respect: What the **** is wrong with you.

"This is the result of a few months of research and testing." Because anyone seriously believes research is going to show people want more expensive champs. It's not like we've been *****ing up a storm about the 6300 price point for years, or completely against your sudden attempts at this 1350 RP skin bull****.

The only "research and testing" you did was to see how long you could blatantly ignore everything on the forum ever said. But then, that's pretty much typical of Riot these days.
Read through the thread. The first week price increase is supposed to increase the barrier of entry to people like you, so that there aren't as many people playing a new champ simply to play it while it's OP, and it's not like other champs aren't being reduced in price.

The way I see it,
The older champ price reductions help newer players build up their collection faster.
Potentially profits off new champ hype, which is a smart business decision on Riot's part.
Reduces the number of players playing the new champ the first week, while it still may be OP, alleviating concerns of using them in ranked games.
Only the most dedicated players would buy the champion with RP, or at the higher IP price.

I'm kind of selective of new champs because I don't like playing melee characters, so I am going to have the IP saved up anyway.

stu the hat u

12-20-2012

Hippalus,

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work. This isn't normally something I would do, but I find it very sad that you've had to put up with so much negativity from the community in the past despite your dedication to improving the game for all of us.

Keep up the good work, and know that it is not unappreciated.

purplekronik

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix9000 View Post
meh
only think the REALLY old champions, like vlad, should get lowered slightly
Don't touch the high-skill level champions (like Lee sin, or Vayne) so that noobs wont be overwhelmed when they buy them :P
cheap champions encourage low- skill level players to buy them, and not get overwhelmed
Keep it like this, dont reduce prices just for the sake of reducing prices :P ( although i do like some of these changes)
i know, this is so stupid, prepare for constant noob vaynes and leesin junglers in every damn game now, i swear riot is brainless

CandyPandaGG

12-20-2012

how about lowering price on level 3 runes? over 1000 ip for some of them its insane