Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoolMintz

01-15-2013

Good change! It's hard keeping up with buying new champions along with rune pages...

LuckyiSntExcuse

01-15-2013

7800 omfg?!!

Rhinestaag

01-15-2013

I approve of this message! I tend to buy older champs anyway

OptimusChrist

01-16-2013

I love this idea. thanks riot. Now i can increase my champion pool with older champs easier. Frakken outstanding idea!

darkgeonosis

01-16-2013

i cant wait for sona's price to go down i love her

Kerbonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-16-2013

The way you make the IP price higher but leave the RP price the same for the first week makes it seem like you're just trying to find more ways to make people buy RP, and not actually going for the other things you claimed the higher price was for. If you are actually going for those other things then you should be increasing the RP price during the first week too. So why didn't you increase the RP price?

Yummines

01-16-2013

i think the first week ip increase addresses a lot of issues currently with the first week of a champion's release. since the rp price isn't increased, its mainly as a way to deter people from buying without trying, and if they really want the champion they are probably gonna buy the rp bundle anyways.

also, nice to know the schedule of ip reductions beforehand (though i already have all those champs :P )

Fosuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Why do you have to nerf me riot?

I've been here since beta, and I've always liked trying all the champions, to get an idea of how they play to see what to look out for and understand there abilities. i don't have any optimal rune pages, because i spend my ip on champions just so i can know how they are played and because i like new things. Now you make it harder to try the new champs so people with money or more time get to try the new champ first when less is know about the champ.

I'm annoyed, however the rest of the changes sound nice for the community, but as it stands the new changes are just a nerf for me

Azure Hamster

01-20-2013

That Riot lets you buy all of the champions (even new releases!) for IP at all is generous, in my opinion. LoL's F2P model is one of the best I've seen as it allows anyone access to any part of the game free, with the obvious exception of skins. Yet the prices for things are quite reasonable if you pay with cash.

The most expensive hero in $$$ is about 8 bucks, depending on how many RP you buy at a time. This is about the cost of a beer, maybe a beer and a half at a bar depending on where you live. If I compare the amount of time I spend playing a single bought champion to the amount of time I spend drinking a beer, LoL is clearly super-cheap entertainment.

Or compare to movie tickets. Or even candy bars. Or Cheetos.

Riderman10

01-21-2013

watch my video in you tube pls! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOmYqIa7qMc