Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirby P

01-08-2013

I kind of like the new launch price. I think it prevents everyone from hopping RIGHT onto the new champion band wagon (let's face it, as soon as a new champion comes out it's in every game) and it makes the bundles more of an actual deal.

ķApple

01-10-2013

When does this take place?

7thHeaven

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ķApple View Post
When does this take place?
in your trust

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

01-14-2013

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I think this is a bad idea, not for us the consumer, but for you, (more specifically your design team).

You've made it so that first week sales will be drastically reduced.
Look, I don't honestly know how many eager kids with their parent's credit cards there are, but I don't think there's enough.

Since you're still keeping the "free after 2 weeks for a week" thing, pretty much EVERYONE will wait , at least until the price drop, to buy new champs.

Lastly, this means you really have to step up your game when it comes to releasing champions.
No more release-day Yoricks, no more Karma's , no more Sejuanis.
At the same time, you can't afford any more release day Zyra's too.

If you release an an underpowered champion, you'll have a huge demand for refunds since people will have basically paid more for a product that's substandard on release. The sad thing is even if you patch it, you have to do it before the price gets reduced or they would've paid that extra money for nothing.

Similarly, if you release an overpowered champion, you're basically selling power. You're saying, "Hey guys, pay more for this champion so you can play it in its overpowered state before we nerf it" .
That's selling power, and I'm sure you don't want that.

Seriously. the amount of extra effort you guys need to put out now on balance just for a (possible) increase in first week profit is kinda weird.

P.P.S . If you do eventually decide to raise IP prices to 7800, you've better make damn sure the champions are unique, since with all the price reductions you will make with this new program there's gonna be some serious incentive for people to buy what with all those cool champions like Orianna and Cass already being 4800.
Remember, there are new people coming in this game all the time. You're not just selling to the people who have all champions and are just purchasing the newest ones cause they can. You're selling to the people who are still creating their roster. How are you gonna convince someone to pay 3000 more ip (or more RP) ?

7thHeaven

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS183e69d4080426 View Post
Maybe I'm late to the party, but I think this is a bad idea, not for us the consumer, but for you, (more specifically your design team).

You've made it so that first week sales will be drastically reduced.
Look, I don't honestly know how many eager kids with their parent's credit cards there are, but I don't think there's enough.

Since you're still keeping the "free after 2 weeks for a week" thing, pretty much EVERYONE will wait , at least until the price drop, to buy new champs.

Lastly, this means you really have to step up your game when it comes to releasing champions.
No more release-day Yoricks, no more Karma's , no more Sejuanis.
At the same time, you can't afford any more release day Zyra's too.

If you release an an underpowered champion, you'll have a huge demand for refunds since people will have basically paid more for a product that's substandard on release. The sad thing is even if you patch it, you have to do it before the price gets reduced or they would've paid that extra money for nothing.

Similarly, if you release an overpowered champion, you're basically selling power. You're saying, "Hey guys, pay more for this champion so you can play it in its overpowered state before we nerf it" .
That's selling power, and I'm sure you don't want that.

Seriously. the amount of extra effort you guys need to put out now on balance just for a (possible) increase in first week profit is kinda weird.

P.P.S . If you do eventually decide to raise IP prices to 7800, you've better make damn sure the champions are unique, since with all the price reductions you will make with this new program there's gonna be some serious incentive for people to buy what with all those cool champions like Orianna and Cass already being 4800.
Remember, there are new people coming in this game all the time. You're not just selling to the people who have all champions and are just purchasing the newest ones cause they can. You're selling to the people who are still creating their roster. How are you gonna convince someone to pay 3000 more ip (or more RP) ?
Does RIOT force you buy the underpower champ ? You better back to school, instead of sitting at PC

Kaiser696

01-15-2013

^ That sounds offensive dude... btw good analysis from IS183e69d4080426, personaly i w8 for free week new champ to test it before to purchase it, so the high 7800 ip price doesnt afect me.

Ilikeomnoming

01-15-2013

[QUOTE=Deadmond;32652839]Oh, so... They are giving us more time to farm more IP? You do realize this change just costs us more time, right?

Regardless, I'm glad we're finally getting regulamentation over price reductions.[/QUOD

Thumbs down comment. Puts up google, Looks up 'regulamentation.' It's not... lol

Kaiser696

01-15-2013

[QUOTE=Ilikeomnoming;33504586]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmond View Post
Oh, so... They are giving us more time to farm more IP? You do realize this change just costs us more time, right?

Regardless, I'm glad we're finally getting regulamentation over price reductions.[/QUOD

Thumbs down comment. Puts up google, Looks up 'regulamentation.' It's not... lol
Just to say lol, and yes, they give u more time to farm but the starting price for all new champs is 7800, its funny, but personally doesnt affects me

Roxxan

01-15-2013

I think this is an awesome idea. I don't even mind waiting the week for the cheaper new champ price. It gives the extra time to farm, and probably will make it a little easier to try out the new champs when I get them.

Eachhit

01-15-2013

I dont know...i like the concept of cheaper...but with the slowing down of champs churned out almost makes it a mute point...I just hope that the new champs with the longer time spent on them are gona be high quality almost like a pulse fire ezreal every new hero made.