Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTheRecord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zince View Post
WELL, Its been a while, and I still have NOT gotten a refund of my 1.5k IP from buying Vayne. Are we still going to get it, or is this just another empty promise??
When did you buy vayne? cause it clearly says that if you bought them 2 WEEKS before the new pricings.

Debonair Jeff

01-06-2013

I do not like the idea of waiting longer for new champions, the release speed used to be about every other week a new champion would come out and I liked that. However if riot produces really well thought out, fresh and original champions then I think that it is worth the wait. I would rather have amazingly fun to play champions every four weeks than a slightly modified clone of old champions

Zince

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheRecord View Post
When did you buy vayne? cause it clearly says that if you bought them 2 WEEKS before the new pricings.
bought them like a few hours before the new pricing was announced... that counts right??

Yimir FrostGiant

01-06-2013

Does the reduction for every third champion release mean that one champion from each pricing tier (one 4800, one 3600, and one 1350) are all reduced, or just a single champion from any one of those tiers is reduced?

Yimir FrostGiant

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst CaIIs NA View Post
I do not like the idea of waiting longer for new champions, the release speed used to be about every other week a new champion would come out and I liked that.

Well, to be fair to them, I think if we demanded a new champ every other week then they would eventually burn out and not be able to keep that up. I think the new release times are good because it gives them breathing room, and allows us to get the most recent release on the ftp rotation and decide if we like it or not, as opposed to having to decide if we like it while another new champion is thrown at us simultaneously.

757Ark Builder

Recruiter

01-06-2013

I purchased lee sin, the blind monk for 6300 IP 3 days before the price changes occurred, I do not know if I have received the refund, how do I check?

xfuZiOn Lv 99

01-07-2013

i love these changes. all of them. one of the reasons i play this game is because the company actually gives a ****. if patience is a virtue of yours, its easily seen how awesome these changes are.

Éidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/December_2012/2012_12_20_Champion_Pricing_Changes/Champion Price Reduction Article Banner.jpg[/aws3]

Hey guys,

Weve been talking to players about how they feel about pricing for a while now weve talked with you on the forums, ran surveys, met with some of you in person, and listened to your feedback.

As a result of those conversations, were making some changes to champion pricing aimed at generally lowering champion prices and making it easier for you to add to your champion collection. This plan will involve immediate and ongoing reductions of IP and RP prices of older champions, as well as increasing the time you have to earn IP between champion releases.

We will also be slightly increasing the first-week IP price of new champions to partially offset lower overall prices.

Heres the plan, which is being implemented immediately:

New Champion Release Schedule

You may have already noticed the rate at which weve been releasing champions has slowed. Moving forward, were targeting 14-17 new champions in 2013 -- around one every 3-4 weeks. This gives you more time to accumulate IP between champion releases, and it enables our design team to spend more time developing and polishing each new champion.

RP and IP Price Tiers

Weve also updated the RP cost of champions so that that theyre more strongly correlated with the IP price. RP costs now match IP cost accordingly:

• 450 IP = 260 RP
  • 1350 IP = 585 RP
  • 3150 IP = 790 RP
  • 4800 IP = 880 RP
  • 6300 IP = 975 RP
  • 7800 IP (first week) = 975 RP

Immediate Price Reductions

The seven oldest 6300 IP champions (Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne) have all been reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP. As with all permanent price reductions, well automatically refund the difference for anyone whos purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today. These refunds will likely take at least a few days to fully process.

Price Reduction Schedule

Every time a new champion is released, the oldest 6300 IP/975 RP champion will be reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP.

Also, with every third champion release, an additional champion currently priced at 4800 IP or lower will be reduced to the next lowest tier, based on age and ease of play.

New Champion First-Week IP Price

All brand-new champions will cost 7800 IP/975 RP for the first week only, and will be reduced to 6300 IP thereafter.

Tl;dr:

• New champion launch price is 7800 IP / 975 RP
  • After one week, the price is reduced to 6300 IP / 975 RP
  • Each release, the oldest 6300 is reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP
  • Each third release, an additional 4800 IP or lower champion is reduced to one of the remaining tiers
    • 3150 IP / 790 RP
    • 1350 IP / 585 RP
    • 450 IP / 260 RP

"RP costs now match IP cost accordingly:" They say.... I say increase the RP cost for the first week to the actual accordance! ^.^

Over-all, love the new pricing system. It's fair, gives you guys more time to do what you got to do and finally there's no pricing favoritism. (If that's a word, if it is.. It's my first time using it)

random is jtw

01-07-2013

sounds good

random is jtw

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak1919 View Post
So when am I getting my refund? I just saw that the prices changed and I still haven't gotten my 1500 IP refund
you only get rp refunded