Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlik View Post
I still find it funny how everyone is focused on the raised IP for only the first week, I have no problem with that, its a great way to get people to spend money and it doesn't punish people at all. I see the raised RP for all lower tiers though as BS and I won't be buying champs with RP anymore.

It used to be 3150 IP = 487 RP, now it is 3150 IP = 790 RP? That doesn't seem like a change in a good direction.
Uh, no.

It used to be 3150 IP = 975 RP. On sale, it was 487 RP.

Before, 3150 to 6300 were all sold for 975 RP. Now they've lowered the RP costs of 3150 and 4800 IP champions so that the RP price declines at the same time that IP price declines.

Apollinarius

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Edwinn View Post
Fantastic changes all across the board.

I like the increased temporary price and think it's incredibly fair in combination with the falling IP Price over time. If you don't enjoy the new prices, just wait a week and it's available for the standard 6300.

If you are complaining about the new prices of brand new champions, just wait one week. You've played the game before a particular champion was released, I am sure you'll be just fine for one more week. Don't forget also that you will get him for even less if you wait a fraction of time longer. This is incredibly fair.
I can't +1 this enough.

I'm one of those people who only bought a champion after getting a chance to try him when he gets free week exposure. This change won't affect people like me at all.

The only thing it will do is reduce slightly the number of people who buy a champion right at launch, which I think is a good thing. Then, those who buy a champion right at launch have a better chance of getting to play him, and the rest of us have to put up with fewer queue dodges and fights over who gets to play the new champion or when the new champion gets banned.

Kawaknight

12-31-2012

I've bought all those champions listed during season 1 and preseason 2 except for nocturne. I have not been refunded for the difference. why is this? (They were all RP)

Blue Creme Soda

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
Uh, no.

It used to be 3150 IP = 975 RP. On sale, it was 487 RP.

Before, 3150 to 6300 were all sold for 975 RP. Now they've lowered the RP costs of 3150 and 4800 IP champions so that the RP price declines at the same time that IP price declines.
The RP cost might go down but it's hardly proportional at all. 790 is still like 75% of 975 so the RP costs are still wacky... I understand not making them entirely proportional (487 for 3150) but it's still pretty out of wack imo...

Blue Creme Soda

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaknight View Post
I've bought all those champions listed during season 1 and preseason 2 except for nocturne. I have not been refunded for the difference. why is this? (They were all RP)
It said if you got them within the 2 weeks of the price drop didn't it...

GeneXiX

12-31-2012

new year, and i haven't got my nocturne refund. bought him in the middle of season 2

Lvl 100 Latios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Good plan!

Magnusg

01-01-2013

Love the new changes, I can't wait to get on my account one day and see that the champion that I was going to save up for got its priced reduced. I think its a great change and Im excited to see were the game will go from here

jackoman2012

01-01-2013

when are you giving the refunds out?????????????

0Eternal Devil0

01-02-2013

I don't like that.
There is no permanent 6300 IP champion.
I think that the 6300 IP champions are worth it to buy it.
Why Riot need to reduce the prices of champions?
I got 7 6300 IP champions now.
If Riot reduce the prices of every champions , I totally lost (6,300-4,800)x7 = 10,500
WT*?
I can buy two more 4800 IP champions...
And I can just refund 3 times...
I think that Riot should give us back the IP if the champions are reduced from IP 6,300 to 4,800...
It is not a good news~