Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dnthmp

12-27-2012

We're making it more affordable.

"We will also be slightly increasing the price of new champions to partially offset lower overall prices."

Good news, we're lowering your rent so its more affordable. To offset this we'll be charging you more for utilities. You're welcome.

Ummm....what????

tempnameA163

12-27-2012

This sucks it is just less champions yearly.

meatwadicus

12-27-2012

so eventualy all the champs are gonna be super cheap? awsome so glad i paid full price for literlay all of them
but taking more time on the champions seems good and i guess its better for newer players
still i feel cheated since ive spent so much

AzureBaron

12-27-2012

So when is this actually taking effect? Is there a set date for the maintenance involving this change to occur?

AzureBaron

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA163 View Post
This sucks it is just less champions yearly.
Yes, it's less champions, but you have time to get your IP saved up to buy every one of them on release instead of having to spend RP to buy them. You'll now be able to save RP for skins, boosts, and other such things. And if you don't have the IP to buy them on release, you can always wait for it to be lowered and run through the champions and take 3-4 weeks to learn each champion. I feel like regardless of the decrease in the amount of champions, this could turn out to be a very good system. We'll get more champions that have already been released faster, and we'll have time to learn each and every one of them before getting another.

Tank Me Hard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

What I am mad about, is that every champ I buy, gets discounted afterwards, without giving me the ability to use the refunds or buy it at the lower price. But thats just my luck. I honestly think the changes are amazing and that riot really put their time into making this a lot better. Great job riot, respect<3

kaasmi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Has anybody had their ip refunded yet?

Iite

12-28-2012

Good changes.

WillowTree13

12-28-2012

In Dota 2 all the heros are free, another reason Dota 2 is better than this garbage wannabe ripoff.

N0Name 00

12-28-2012

what? i thought there is a system like this already... Great change!

I would recommend that with the slowing release of new champs, put more time and focus on refining the existing champs. Some champs have such ridiculous advantages over older champs. Riven for example, uses no mana (all champs who uses no mana are in this categories) are pretty cheap. on top of that she has an armor ability that other melee fighters (WuKong/Xin) lacks and that becomes unfair advantages. i understand champs have to have different ability to stay unique but it is just ridiculous how some champs (like Darius) can be cheap.

Also in addition to taking the time to release new champs, can the dev put more time into making a new map/level? I love dominion due to the fact that everyone stay within 1 or 2 lvl of each other and killing champs doesnt net you a huge amount of $. Summoner rift give some players a HUGE advantage by getting more levels and $, which makes the games unplayable. This way having someone AFK isnt much of a blow to the team.

I came from a world of online gaming where even beginners can enjoy a game without feeling frustrated by all the disadvantages of having more exp and in game $.