Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Willie1

12-26-2012

So everyone who has bought the 7 champs will be refunded 1500 IP but when? It says it will take up to two weeks but I have not received an email about it yet...

Azurenight

12-26-2012

Mad love Riot. I love the price reductions. I own everyone and usually buy champions on release with IP. Even if I have to wait a week now, I'm happy to see that this will make things better for the community overall. Kudos to the economist you got to work this into your pricing structure.

Kactorius

12-26-2012

Quote:
Rahul the Waffle:
I really appreciate that Riot is making a conscious effort to reduce the importance of grinding and lessening the need to pay rp to build up a significantly large enough, versatile, and competitive champion pool.

The only other thing I could ask for other than this would be reducing the cost of runes/making rune pages free. I think that's the only truly pay2win aspect of this game (7 rune pages = 44100 ip, so de facto you use RP)

Great work Hip!

I agree that a great addition/update to make would be to allow for a wider usage of runes. I'm sure that other summoners, as well as myself, have enough trouble putting together runes pages to allow for them to fit into any team comp well when not playing a role that they prefer... For example, I have tried to buy champions that I feel I will be successful with, but I also have to limit my options because I can only have two runes pages running at a time for potential matches...

Maybe Riot would consider allowing us to edit our rune pages during champion select as well as the mastery pages....?

Mavrick2208

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Excellent! Cept I bought Vayne 17 days before this post......DAMN!!! Lol, oh well. Thanks Riot for putting so much effort into taking criticism and making your game better everyday.

MatteMatto

12-26-2012

Really nice, about time structure was added to this.

Bladez Edge

12-27-2012

Now I can get Lee Sin way faster. So good!!! (I'm a slow player, maybe it will be 3.15k by then -.-)
But Honestly, now my friends can focus on Ezreal too. Thanks Riot! Though does this mean that at some point after years, Vi will be 450 IP?

Areus

12-27-2012

This is just a marketing scheme... less champions made means less work done by Riot. I don't buy the whole "we are reducing the quota for new champions because we need to put more time into them". I think this change is centered more at the people who aren't willing to drop $10 every other week for a new champion bundle. However that also makes me wonder why they're doing this, they're just going to be making less money overall. RP card purchases will surely drop now that people have the time to actually farm the influence points required to purchase a new champion. But as a paying customer, this is disappointing. On the other hand at least now I don't have to buy a card every other week and I can actually be able to farm the IP required in between champion releases.

MSF72

12-27-2012

I love the new launch price but I have a few questions regarding these changes...

Firstly, if I buy a champ now that gets a price reduction during the next champ release, I get refunded the IP difference or am I incorrect in assuming this? Better to just wait?

Secondly, the amount of new champions we'll be seeing in ranked games because of the new prices is great. I love it for this reason, but assuming the first question asked is answered with a yes, does this apply after the first week as well?

BDG Akoia

12-27-2012

Now im not a math person, but basically, doesnt this still show a huge advantage to IP buying? from a business standpoint, wouldnt you want to lower the RP values for the lower tiers? for instance, if we take the IP value of new champs and RP value as base, The 880 value of RP is worth something like 5687 IP. By that same math, it would make that much IP (at the 4800 tier) worth 743 RP, so on and so forth. It becomes even more blatantly skewed at lower levels.Im just curious why the amounts dont more accurately reflect the amounts of IP you'd spend vs RP. You'd probably make more money in the long run that way.

suckitifshewana

12-27-2012

they are just doing this so that more people buy the new champ with rp. on top of that, more people will buy the skin bundle because since they are already buying with rp it will seem like a better deal.

"We will also be slightly increasing the first-week IP price of new champions to partially offset lower overall prices."

bull****, the champion prices were already ****ed up and now your finally fixing it, but you do this to make it seem like they were priced fairly. gg riot greedy jews fight me phreak