Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L1ON

12-20-2012

Everything about this is amazing except for the weird first week pricing. But at the same time, with the significantly slower champion release schedule it wouldn't be hard to save up that extra IP cost... if you still really wanted to buy the new champ day one with IP.

RainbowTrenches

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks BadgerDrool. Making it easier to build champion collections and have predictability around price reductions are the main reasons for these changes.
The random (sub 4800) champ being selected every third week for price reductions would seem to work against predictability. I know it's not random (for example, Ezreal is almost certainly not going to be the first one to drop from 4800 to 3150), but we have no information on it so it seems like it is.

purplekronik

12-20-2012

i like the 7800 ip thing, however, i dont want to buy champions anymore because i dont know when they will be cheaper, im not going to waste my stuff on a champ then see it got cheap, thats so stupid, now i can only buy champs when someone is released so that i know who is getting their price reduced, this is the lamest patch ive ever seen, you shouldnt be reducing champ prices EVERY champion release thats just stupid, now champions will never have a solid price, as soon as we buy a champ " its reduced in price YAY HOPE YOU DIDNT BUY IT YET ?" stupid riot idea is stupid, keep the champs at a solid price for longer than a month, or else people will stop buying champs in between champion releases, ffs, i dont get where riot comes up with this stupid stuff, getting their ideas from monkeys i guess.....

Waldgeist

12-20-2012

Could we get a list of the additional reductions ahead of time? Ease of play is such a subjective metric.

Enlaviala

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Love you Riot <3

RamenBLD

12-20-2012

This is a good idea. However, I believe some of the more popular champions should never reach the 450 IP bracket. I feel like champions like Diana or Ezreal or even Lee Sin should stay at least 1350 at the lowest. I'm not sure how others feel, but I feel great when I save up to get a champion that I think is amazing. There has to be some type of feeling of achievement for us to reach!

Luhz

12-20-2012

i love everything about this

though I've already purchased all the champions I've wanted

Bu Ice

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Very cool change Riot! I like the idea a lot, so we are looking at about 12 new champions this year, along with 12 reduced 6300 champions, and 4 reduced prices on 4800 and lower champions. I think it is a very smart move that you are allowing more time to make these upcoming years champions a lot more cooler than old ones (which are already really cool)

Timechild

12-20-2012

Nice changes, the planned reductions will also allow people to plan their buys. Good stuff. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit before buiyng all the new champions now. Maybe not that bad. We'll see.

Zardoc

12-20-2012

Quote:
7800 IP (first week) = 975 RP
So, who's the retard who came up with that idea?