Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XDarkSpreeX

12-23-2012

Note to people complaining about the price of the first week my advice to you is this- get a life.

LiquidAnus666

12-23-2012

I'm a fan of all of this. There's less new-champ-in-every-game-you-play like we have atm, and champs eventually get slightly cheaper. Nothing not to like.

ricksdirtyundies

12-23-2012

Seems like a great system for new players to get more champions. Unfortunately, of the 68 champs I own the majority of them are from before season 2 and so these changes won't benefit me at all really

xXxSharkxXx1222

12-23-2012

the refunds were for people who bought any of this 7 champs 2 weeks before the announce, or 2 weeks or more like a month or 2 ? because i have lee, renek, ez like 3 month ago so is not fair that we don't get our refunds so im still waiting for it

CrazyGerman67

12-23-2012

So glad I just bought RP CARDS!!!!!!!

Pastrami Reuben

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDarkSpreeX View Post
Note to people complaining about the price of the first week my advice to you is this- get a life.
But if they get a life they will have a harder time farming up IP between champs.

Holy Poison666

12-23-2012

i like the new changes only thing is i just bought ezreal right before this when he was 6300 instead of 4800 D8 but he was worth and this is great changes

420jon420

12-23-2012

Why the two week window? This is a big middle finger to those of us who bought these champions at the full 6300. I mean I only had to play about 50-75 games to get each champ...

About time they changed it, having to play this game like a crackhead to unlock a 6300 champ has been getting old. It's turned me into an ip farmer that doesn't really care about the games I play.

Aztathoth

12-23-2012

Any chance there could be a schedule or timeline of when old champions were released, like what order they were in?

Niandraia

12-23-2012

I think that the price increase on the first week is a horrible idea due to balancing. When unbalanced champions are released, and a lot of people buy them on the first week, it becomes clearer where the champions need changes. When you raise the price of a champion on the first week, you're going to get a reduced number of buyers, and a reduced number of summoners playing that champion, which is going to lead to longer testing before OP champions are nerfed and UP champions are buffed. Yes, PBE exists, but it's not the same as having players in the actual game's setting playing the champions. Raising prices on the first week doesn't even make sense IP wise, because you're not making any money off IP purchases. It's really just a ploy to get people to purchase champs with RP, but it comes at the cost of more balance issues. Not a smart move in any way.