Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KujiKiri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

im sorry about posting this in the case that it happens to upst someone but i have to say it that i dont think this new buffer is gonna stop new champ insta locking at all since what the price jump in the first week does is encourage people to wait till it gets lowered the next week to buy it. which means as those of you reading this with brains have already figured out will actualy just shift the insta locking to the week after release as apposed to the week of the release. granted the people who will buy the bundles or spend the rp on the champ wont be there to insta lock most likely, however most of the people that get the new champs save up ip to get them and not many people if any at all will want to spend an extra 1500 on a champ when they could just wait a week. not to mention the fact that the people who did get early practice with the champ will more then likely insult and yell at someone who they think is playing it wrong and further discourage players who are new to the champ from wanting to play or expand their roles. to me everything sits well including the fact that you want to make more money to stay afloat by encouraging rp purchases the only thing im worried about is the becoming the new permanent price for new champ ip costs and the negative affects this is going to have on the the people who only use the free to play aspects of the game and dont have money to spend on it

Atomic Phase

12-21-2012

Although its sad that i bought nocturne on Wednesday
but, i wont get refunded even after not knowing about this article...

Teh Salamander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

I haven't been paying much attention to champion pricing after i gave up believing they would release another champ below 6300 somewhere like 15 champions ago, but we're making this official now?

Last I heard, champion release prices were supposed to be related to their complexity, play style, and difficulty. The fact that every champion release has been 6300 I believed to simply be riot realizing they can get away with it to pump more RP from people who want to first day buy every champion and can afford it.

I'd like the old system to actually work, and have them release champions in price brackets where they belong, not just make old champions cost less. This "change"/post makes me sad, and i really don't agree with this direction.

Lemonlce

12-21-2012

Yayyy i'm so happy

Mapekz

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Phase View Post
Although its sad that i bought nocturne on Wednesday
but, i wont get refunded even after not knowing about this article...
If by Wednesday you mean four days ago then yes you will get refunded the difference in price. If you bought the champion no earlier than 14 days ago you will be refunded. Reread the original post:

Immediate Price Reductions

The seven oldest 6300 IP champions (Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne) have all been reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP. As with all permanent price reductions, we’ll automatically refund the difference for anyone who’s purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today. These refunds will likely take at least a few days to fully process.

ZeCanadian

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
they're giving us more time to farm for that IP now, plus its only for the first week

it's not bad, I think I like this.

edit: maybe this will somewhat stop the massive amount of people playing new champs on release. Some people will want to get after the week to save up IP.
It's already been like 3-4 weeks per champion since Zyra.

Hussein87

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes Law View Post
According to my caculations, Teemo will be 450 in a year and a half. Do you really want that???
if you calculations are correct the game will be ruined in a year and a half

Sven Raikov

12-21-2012

Thank you so much Riot!

I got my refund for 1500 ip of my nocturne

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Napping Buddha

12-21-2012

What if I bought these 975 RP champions when they were on sale (487 RP)? will I receive the 487-440=47 RP back? It might not seem much but I am just a bit short for a few RP items/champions.

Mysterage

12-22-2012

Riot, THANK YOU. You should have done this a long, long time ago, but late is better than never. 6300/975 is way too expensive for champs to just sit at. I sincerely hope that I get a refund of the amount I paid for Ez, as his pricey ass was almost 100% the reason why it took me nearly 3 years to purchase him, as well as Vlad. (Though I may have bought Vlad too long ago to get a refund...sad.) I also really, really like how older champions will be dropped down even to the 450 IP realm. This will make it much easier for champion collectors like myself to get closer to owning them all, or at the very least, owning the ones we really want to play. (STILL can't wait to own Swain!) Again, thanks for actually listening to the community. Normally I like to reward you guys with a nice little purchase of a skin or something, but I am flat broke right now, so I'll just say, thanks.