Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nimizu

12-20-2012

that new launch price is way too much tho... and its same RP price. Oh yeh buy it with RP so we make more money

GhostStalker

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is the result of a few months of research and testing. It is not a test. My plan is to not think about champion pricing for the next year at least, as there are a lot of other challenges to address.

Good stuff. I approve.

Cerulean Laser

12-20-2012

Best Thread ever Created! thanks Riot.

GhostStalker

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimizu View Post
that new launch price is way too much tho... and its same RP price. Oh yeh buy it with RP so we make more money
Companies need to make money, as long as the champions they're releasing are on par with the last 6 they've done, i'm fine with paying for a champion I want to play "now".

Zerglinator

12-20-2012

7800 IP on the first week for more price reductions?

...you've got yourself a deal, you fiend.

IG VanityCrysis

12-20-2012

Will there any refunds for people who have bought the champs that are reduced with RP? If not, that is fine but i'm simply curious.

hammerzilla

12-20-2012

i just bought zilean for 1350... can i has a tiny ip refund tooooooo

Elementel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Gj riot

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yeah we hope this makes first week champion ownership a little more exclusive and less frustrating.
Considering how more often than not the new releases tend toward the far overpowered range of the spectrum, seems like a step toward selling power, which Riot said it would never do.

swan2swan

12-20-2012

The way I see it, Riot has been giving PLENTY of advance notice on new champions. I had time to save up for Vi after buying Nami and Warwick and still had 3800 leftover, and that was with my playtime taking a severe dip over the last week.

The new pricing makes it so that you'll only buy it on the first week/day if you REALLY want that champion...this could be a helpful or a harmful plan...but I'm okay with that. It's not that severe, and if you want to wait and see, you can comfort yourself with the knowledge that you'll be saving IP.

Also, considering the fact that I picked up Nidalee in the same time frame (it was a Nidalee-Nami-Warwick-Vi window) and got her for the same low price despite a visual upgrade shortly after I got her...yeah, I'd say you're a fair company, Riot.

I'm going to be sad in two months when Leona is no longer a 6300. She's going to feel old. T_T