Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radamanthys23

12-20-2012

i think this is a nice idea because for example in my country the purchase of RP is very hard to get unless you have a credit card so the acquisition of new champs is extremely slow (farming mostly all 6300), next the new price in the relase champiosn seems aceptable since like me who cant get RP i want to wait and see the new champs in the field, so i can decide wheter buy it or not and a week later wont kill many palyers; the reduction of prices can make not only new palyer get more champs it also help hardcore palyer tahta can get the 4800 ip in a week of continou games so i will say this works wonderfully for people like that would like to "get em all"

Gooooober

12-20-2012

What about skin prices? They getting reduced a little as well?
Also I purchased Nocturne when the new skin was released (& I probably wasn't the only one), since that is just over the 2 weeks time-frame & has been added to the list, will we still get refunded that difference? I had purchased Renekton one week before that as well. Why such a short time-frame on this? I personally could benefit more with the credits dated back further which in turn would allow me to get more champs in which I could then buy more RP to get the skins for those champs. Just my thoughts

Sultan009

12-20-2012

AWESOME now I can purchase Renekton and the first week is also not bad

Farkun

12-20-2012

so wait for first new champion to come out, then wait a week, bam, from then on you're getting all the champions at the same week interval, for regular price, just one week back. Either pay more, or wait 7 whole days, is it really that bad? This is coming from someone with all the champs, lots of money on skins blablabla etc as well.

Borand

12-20-2012

Oh Hip... You pulled this off!

What I like:

• We finally know the champion price reduction schedule!!
  • Champion price will be 7800 for only one week (thankfully it is that way for only 1 week).
  • The automatic price nerf to one champ after another one comes out.

What I dislike:
  • I strongly believe that pricing should actually adress the lore status of a champion too: Garen is a Demacian General and he costs 450 as opposed to his Noxian counterpart Darius, who costs 6300. Their respective Royalties Jarvan and Swain cost 4800 each, which is actually lower than the price of Darius... >.>
    I actually mean to say that for some champions there should be a repricing addressing issues such as this one.
  • Champion price nerfing is nice, I really think it'll work good. But, the 4800 category will inflate quite quickly instead of the lower ones which will not gain size as fast. I would like it if the number of 3150 or cheaper champions would increase by 2 per 3 releases instead of 1 per 3 releases. There are people that find it hard to play a lot, and so it's difficult for them to gain this much IP to also distribute amogst runes and rune pages too except for champs. This would cater to them

Gwaer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Please don't misunderstand I do see the value of these changes and definitely feel they're too long in coming, however i have spent the last few years scouring champion sales and buying every champ the moment they are released, plus trying to buy rune pages and runes to play them effectively and I really feel like I'm getting left out in the cold here. I tend to think of it as a loyalty penalty, like cell phone companies giving great deals to new customers but hiking prices on existing ones. It'd be great to see some kind of bonus in this scheme for long time players with large champion pools. I'm not even sure what I'd like... Rune page ip price reduction of several thousand IP to match? How about free like mastery pages? Anything to ease the IP burden this is going to create for people who do spend quite a lot on the game, but not on champions so much.

NightmareHell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Hm, how about the automatically refund?? when and how it comes? by email like kayle ?

Not Another 117

12-20-2012

Very nice Riot.

majestic chode

12-20-2012

finaly reducing some prices some more but mabe bring out some champions that start at like 4800-450
every new champion is a new 10 games haha

majestic chode

12-20-2012

dumbo there refunding the exess of ip to you thats like 8800 if u have them all stop compaling atleast this game is free and the best in the world