Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Illiterate View Post
I don't really see this as suffering. There will be less insta-IP purchases, which means if you do go the extra mile and use RP there will be more of a chance that you will get the champ. I see it as kind of like the champ is almost exclusive to RP payers the first week, and that's a reward to people who use RP. If I only use IP, why would i buy a champ that will get knocked down a week later?
And I think that's huge can of garbage.
I buy a lot of champs with IP SO THAT I CAN AFFORD TO BUY THEIR SKINS WITH RP.
This is a punch in the balls to someone like me. Plain and simple.

Insomniac Ren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
RP and IP Price Tiers

We’ve also updated the RP cost of champions so that that they’re more strongly correlated with the IP price. RP costs now match IP cost accordingly:

450 IP = 260 RP
1350 IP = 585 RP
3150 IP = 790 RP
4800 IP = 880 RP
6300 IP = 975 RP
7800 IP (first week) = 975 RP
This is a joke... only rich people buy champs with RP.

Quote:
Immediate Price Reductions

The seven oldest 6300 IP champions (Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne) have all been reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP. As with all permanent price reductions, we’ll automatically refund the difference for anyone who’s purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today. These refunds will likely take at least a few days to fully process.
>Implying those champions shouldn't have been 4800 in the first place.
Also, just two weeks? That's gotta be like, .02% of the entire LoL community? There is no reason that justifies refunds for purchases of these champions only in the last 2 weeks when all of these champs have been out for months... I don't see any harm in refunds for the rest of us.. especially when every champ since Lee Sin has been 6300 IP.

Quote:
Price Reduction Schedule

Every time a new champion is released, the oldest 6300 IP/975 RP champion will be reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP.

Also, with every third champion release, an additional champion currently priced at 4800 IP or lower will be reduced to the next lowest tier, based on age and ease of play.
The only thing about this post that hints towards Riot not being entirely greedy... yet.

Quote:
New Champion First-Week IP Price

All brand-new champions will cost 7800 IP/975 RP for the first week only, and will be reduced to 6300 IP thereafter.
If you change the letters in this sentence around, it reads: Really this only applies to you who don't pay real money for every new champ and those who scramble for 6300 IP just to buy that one champ you actually want. Everyone else, enjoy the new champs!

Quote:
Tl;dr:

New champion launch price is… 7800 IP / 975 RP
After one week, the price is reduced to… 6300 IP / 975 RP
Each release, the oldest 6300 is reduced to… 4800 IP / 880 RP
Each third release, an additional 4800 IP or lower champion is reduced to one of the remaining tiers…
3150 IP / 790 RP
1350 IP / 585 RP
450 IP / 260 RP
Realistic Tl;dr:

New champion launch price is… ridiculous.
After one week, the price is reduced to… haha syke it's not even reduced, just back to being regularly overpriced!
Each release, the oldest 6300 is reduced to… 4800 IP / 880 RP, most likely what it's really worth anyway.
Each third release, an additional 4800 IP or lower champion is reduced to one of the remaining tiers…
3150 IP / 790 RP
1350 IP / 585 RP
450 IP / 260 RP
...*cough*nobodyisbuyingthemanymoreanywaysowhynot* cough*

slamor

12-20-2012

I love you riot. I love the idea of longer release times to make room for visual updates and reworks. Can you fix nasus morello? Season 3 changes really dug his grave. no HOG and nerfed GP5 stats really puts a damper on his effectiveness. Making it harder to be tankier simply destroyed nasus.

slamor

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac Ren View Post
This is a joke... only rich people buy champs with RP.

>Implying those champions shouldn't have been 4800 in the first place.
Also, just two weeks? That's gotta be like, .02% of the entire LoL community? There is no reason that justifies refunds for purchases of these champions only in the last 2 weeks when all of these champs have been out for months... I don't see any harm in refunds for the rest of us.. especially when every champ since Lee Sin has been 6300 IP.

The only thing about this post that hints towards Riot not being entirely greedy... yet.

If you change the letters in this sentence around, it reads: Really this only applies to you who don't pay real money for every new champ and those who scramble for 6300 IP just to buy that one champ you actually want. Everyone else, enjoy the new champs!

Realistic Tl;dr:

New champion launch price is… ridiculous.
After one week, the price is reduced to… haha syke it's not even reduced, just back to being regularly overpriced!
Each release, the oldest 6300 is reduced to… 4800 IP / 880 RP, most likely what it's really worth anyway.
3150 IP / 790 RP
1350 IP / 585 RP
450 IP / 260 RP
...*cough*nobodyisbuyingthemanymoreanywaysowhynot* cough*
This is just me but it is a miracle for me to play such a great game with how poor I am and how ****ty my computer is. I might be able to play once per day. Get a wake up call kid.

Timmytentoes

12-20-2012

It's about time you made the pricing make sense.

slamor

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
I REALLY wish I had a way of directly contacting a mod or Hippalus himself online without having to resort of randomly putting in a report. I think some of these things need to be discussed and I'm EXTREMELY unhappy right now with this decision. But between being buried under thousands of other comments and being downvoted for having an opinion outside of the average, I feel like anything I say is just gonna end up in the gutter.

Don't understand why there isn't an option to contact a red poster via email or a private message or something. I want to talk to someone about this.
Let me talk to you. The new price increase is for the first week only. RP cost remain the same for the first week. For every new champ released, there is a price decrease. For every third champ released, there is two price decreases. Seven champs are having an immediate price decrease. There is also an extra 1 - 2 weeks to farm IP. Riot is going to fill that extra time with higher quality champions and remakes/visual updates. I am only level 26 but I love these new changes.

badboi9000

12-20-2012

Niice

TPjorgeDP

12-20-2012

I actually like League of Legends more now...

Saminal

12-20-2012

So, my question is this. I bought recently enough (but not within the last 2 weeks) Renekton and Brand and even Ezreal (I think) that I can get refunds on them. So if I go and get refunds and then go to rebuy, or unlock, them will I be saving some of my IP?! I would love some clarity on this. Thanks!

MMandevil

12-20-2012

Just a few things as I've been reading in this thread,
- A lot of people are complaining about the 7800 price for the "first week" 7 days stop crying.
- you are saying that some people will eventually own all champs wrong... Do the math 14-17 new champs and one every three releases so its 18-22 champs lowered in a full year,to 4800 also new champs will be coming out at either 7800 or 6300 depending on you the summoner you'll have the choice to pick a new champ or a lower champ. at the end of the year that means it will be either hecarim or jayce or any in between them two, I know i'm bad at this maybe someone with better math skills will help me but you won't buy them all or come close specially if you really like one of the champs designs, or what have you, 7800 gone, now please tell me that you make 7800 IP in 4-5 days i don't believe you. or even 6300, or 4800 you hardcore players don't count every day all day...