Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Player313

12-20-2012

just rubbish

slimjim364

12-20-2012

Excellent changes, especially with the oldest 6300 champs being moved down a tier every time a new one comes out. I see a lot of complaining, but I agree with the increased first week launch price. There seems to be a massive amount of people who purchase every new champ right as it comes out, and it seems like we're playing with them or against (often both) in every match for that first week. Then you hardly see them until the appear on the free rotation. Good changes Riot, thank you!

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede EU View Post
"You mean I now either have to wait 1 week or spend more IP if I want it NAO, RIGHT NAO?!?

Dammit, Riot, I'm an 'merrican, I don't have to put up with this ****!"
And why should I?
I spend my hard earned money and IP on this game just like anyone else. I should be punished by the new pricing structure, while reaping none of the price reduction benefits in the process?

I Am Illiterate

12-20-2012

Understand this guys, RIOT IS A BUSINESS. IN ORDER FOR BUSINESSES TO RUN, THEY MUST MAKE MONEY.

Get that into your heads for a second. Not also keep in mind, this is a FREE GAME, which is actually very generous of Riot. Really, people have no right to feel entitled to a free to play game, or to QQ all the time, or to (excuse the language) ***** and moan about every little change and just follow the hive and say whats OP, UP, broken and feel like the game needs to be catered towards themselves.

I love this game, but i don't see this sort of childish entitlement in any other free game as much as I do here.

Ok, so basically you can go through your whole LOL career and not spend a DIME for Riot. That's fine by them, they don't force you to pay. However, there are people who spend a large amount of money on this game by making many RP purchases. THEY are the reason the game is as good as it is. The INITIAL price bump is to reward those who spend RP for purchases, AS THEY SHOULD BE. If they really want to play a champ that first week enough that they dish out RP, they should be rewarded instead of someone else just instalocking the champ and having to choose with dodge or listen to the person complain about how UP the new champ is on his/her first game with the champ.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim364 View Post
Excellent changes, especially with the oldest 6300 champs being moved down a tier every time a new one comes out. I see a lot of complaining, but I agree with the increased first week launch price. There seems to be a massive amount of people who purchase every new champ right as it comes out, and it seems like we're playing with them or against (often both) in every match for that first week. Then you hardly see them until the appear on the free rotation. Good changes Riot, thank you!
And what's wrong with this?
People bought the new champion because they were excited about it, and therefore want to play it. Just like everyone is rushing to use that cool new skin when it releases on a fan favorite champion.

What's really wrong with this?

ToadKillerDog7

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Illiterate View Post
Understand this guys, RIOT IS A BUSINESS. IN ORDER FOR BUSINESSES TO RUN, THEY MUST MAKE MONEY.

Get that into your heads for a second. Not also keep in mind, this is a FREE GAME, which is actually very generous of Riot. Really, people have no right to feel entitled to a free to play game, or to QQ all the time, or to (excuse the language) ***** and moan about every little change and just follow the hive and say whats OP, UP, broken and feel like the game needs to be catered towards themselves.

I love this game, but i don't see this sort of childish entitlement in any other free game as much as I do here.

Ok, so basically you can go through your whole LOL career and not spend a DIME for Riot. That's fine by them, they don't force you to pay. However, there are people who spend a large amount of money on this game by making many RP purchases. THEY are the reason the game is as good as it is. The INITIAL price bump is to reward those who spend RP for purchases, AS THEY SHOULD BE.

So what about people like you who have spent MANY dimes on the company? Who have spent literally hundreds of dollars on their game. Why are we made to suffer? Shouldn't we be recognized as a valued and loyal customer rather than pushed to the side and stiffed?

I Am Illiterate

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
So what about people like you who have spent MANY dimes on the company? Who have spent literally hundreds of dollars on their game. Why are we made to suffer? Shouldn't we be recognized as a valued and loyal customer rather than pushed to the side and stiffed?
I don't really see this as suffering. There will be less insta-IP purchases, which means if you do go the extra mile and use RP there will be more of a chance that you will get the champ. I see it as kind of like the champ is almost exclusive to RP payers the first week, and that's a reward to people who use RP. If I only use IP, why would i buy a champ that will get knocked down a week later?

BadgerDrool

12-20-2012

Just realized that the new IP cost reductions will be concurrent with the slower champion release schedule. Not the biggest of deals but it's going to deflate slower then I expected. Over the next year 14-17 6300 IP cost reductions and 4-6 extra reductions.

Not a big deal by any means. Though the predictability of the 6300 IP cost reductions will mean that it isn't worth getting an old champion at 6300 over a new one if they are being reduced soon. Still, I suppose I should be thankful that I can finally get Vlad at not 6300 because I hate his face.

ToadKillerDog7

12-20-2012

I REALLY wish I had a way of directly contacting a mod or Hippalus himself online without having to resort of randomly putting in a report. I think some of these things need to be discussed and I'm EXTREMELY unhappy right now with this decision. But between being buried under thousands of other comments and being downvoted for having an opinion outside of the average, I feel like anything I say is just gonna end up in the gutter.

Don't understand why there isn't an option to contact a red poster via email or a private message or something. I want to talk to someone about this.

Te de coca

12-20-2012

I bought Vayne 4 days ago, how do i know if the difference was refunded? I'm not keeping track of my ip