Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vezril

12-20-2012

I really like most of the changes, but I do have two issues. One, the 7800 RP for the first week seems to be aimed at making people less likely to spend IP on the champ and add to Riots profits. I accept that this is a perfectly reasonable goal. Two, the refund. More specifically the time limit on the refund. I have paid full price for all those champions and will receive no refund now that they are being adjusted. I see no reason why anyone who owns these champions should not get the refund if anyone does. We've had longer to use them, true. But what they're saying with the price reduction is that these champs were overpriced, whether you bought them yesterday or as soon as they were released.

TL;DR Give everyone the refund for fairness sake.

Kayu

Recruiter

12-20-2012

WOOT !! This one of a change ! ^^ I like the new "scaling pricing" method. But you see, I was just about to have enough point to buy Vi !! And now I can't for the next week !! HAHA

Slycandicem

12-20-2012

Nice. I like the logic of reducing prices for older champs. As someone that has only been playing for 3-4 months and doesnt have much money to spend on rp/new champs it is good to know that if i wait long enough some of the champs i want to try/buy will become available to me.

Avenger460

12-20-2012

Nice changes. I won't be buying champs first week though lol.

Synoq

12-20-2012

I like these changes, but I believe instead of spending the time to polish new champions, spend time making new maps.

devilwolf99

12-20-2012

-I like the idea on the new pricing, price matching, champs every 3-4 weeks. and dropping the old champs when new ones arrive giving players a better chance of getting champs.
-Good idea on starting with oldest champs on price reduction.
-Like the idea on reducing champs every time a new one comes out

Don't like the idea on new champs starting at 7800 Ip even if it gives people time to farm up the points. Generally some games only give you (I would say) 80 to 100+, that is you have first win of the day applied or bought Ip boosts. It takes a lot of time for people to rack up points to even reach 6300Ip or even 4800, given it may be easier for some then others. Not everyone spends their time playing or has it, again some then others. People will just Rp to just buy the champ instead of collecting Rp ( I know its money to them and blah blah). Even still not many people want to spend to buy on a champ, but maybe for a skin instead or anything.

If any thing Ip won in games should have a little boost not saying like a huge but small boost.

Kodlakgreymane

12-20-2012

I like it but what about the champs that are 450 will they be removed or will their prices remain the same will the price flatline at some point i really dont wanna lose any champs

taaccoos

12-20-2012

this isn't that bad. the 7800 is only for the first week, and they probably put that because of price reductions of all the champs they are going to do

II Jelli II

12-20-2012

i like the new price rise because it will stop everyone instalocking the new champ as soon as it comes out

NinjaKitten

12-20-2012

That money scam.
I think it's funny how no one can see how Riot's money strategy is.

Are you more interested in a 2 year old champion, or a brand new one?
Brand new.
You don't 'just' get 8000IP for a new champion (supposedly) every 3 weeks, unless you don't have school, work and a life basicly. 8000IP is a F***ing lot after they changed the IP regain system, which is quite retarded too..
If people, who are busy on an averege day. (Possible going to school from 8am-4pm, go to work, come late home from that and studies. Does NOT have a lot of time for this ****.) Will have to spend RP for IP boosts, to be able to afford new champions (and not wait.. 2years for them to be reduced?) or just buy them with RP.
= Riot making cheap money.

Well done, Riot. Doesn't take a lot to do a worldwide money scam, just have to call yourself a gaming company and trick the players who can't think for themselves.