Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charlie Wahl

12-20-2012

Is there any way the RP cost first week might get increased, too? I don't mind having a first week increase, but it just doesn't seem fair that the tons of people who work hard for their IP and then people can just buy it for the normal RP price with no differing price compared to IP.

Dalmond

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

new launch price is just another way for them to make money. its 975Rp/7800Ip the first week then 975/6300 afterwards. Just more of an incentive to buy champs with real money >.> yea... kinda lame.

xDarth NiDz

12-20-2012

i agree with this too bad i own all champs but new ones. lol but it will help my smurf tons.

theunknown0510

12-20-2012

Umm just asking, if i bought these champions a long time ago, do i still get the refund?

thefallenking1

12-20-2012

Many thanks, Riot!

UnremarkableOne

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunknown0510 View Post
Umm just asking, if i bought these champions a long time ago, do i still get the refund?
sorry, they already said its only in the past couple weeks, if a long tiem ago is longer than that than no... I wish though, I have a few 6300 hundreds myself... ^^

Aussiee

12-20-2012

This is a really good idea, i actually like it =D Because the new ones should be harder to get than other new champs, like Vi and Lee Sin having the same price isn't that cool, Lee Sin has been out sense 2011 and Vi came out yesterday and having same price is not good. And the best thing is that its only for a week, so who thinks the new champs are worth it at the start can get them, and noobs wont be rushing new champs all the time. Thank god Ez is 4800 cause i loved to buy him but 6300 didn't think its worth it 4800 is abit better. After all Riot is the best company for a free game, what other f2p game offers so much service and quality gameplay and all that sort of stuff? My answer is None, again Thanks for everything Riot/League of Legends, you have been helping me have an awesome time over my free time alot, Thanks -Drin

Soedan

12-20-2012

This is great but will you guys at Riot make time for other things other then polishing up the new champs like giving some of those old champions lacking skin (prime example Soraka) a new skin?

PixelOrange

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmond View Post
new launch price is just another way for them to make money. its 975Rp/7800Ip the first week then 975/6300 afterwards. Just more of an incentive to buy champs with real money >.> yea... kinda lame.
It's not lame. It's how they pay their bills so you can continue playing a game you enjoy.

theunknown0510

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnremarkableOne View Post
sorry, they already said its only in the past couple weeks, if a long tiem ago is longer than that than no... I wish though, I have a few 6300 hundreds myself... ^^
......thats not fair :C