Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

consolegamer9

12-20-2012

I looove this ty riot

Harvischak

12-20-2012

Thanks ! This is good news.

terhen

12-20-2012

Now, this is a move from Riot that I was yearning for a long time, predictable champion price reductions.

I've been expecting ez to be lowered for a long while now, caitlyn that was released after him got her price reduction way before him, it had made no sense to me (other than the obvious fact that ezreal sells a lot more than caitlyn).

The increased IP price of champions during the first week is really great, it gives people who buy bundles, or champions with RP a slight edge over IP buyers even tough that edge is only during first week (I only buy skins with RP, excep 2 champs for me and one as a gift this snowdown, but still I like what they're doing for players that buy championbswith RP)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, HippalusOP!!!! Thank you for deliviring such delightfull news/reworks on the store for the comunity =)

Hidden Sniper

12-20-2012

Riot, I like this direction but I hope it affects your nerfing and buffing in a better way.

Right now you seem to do "Knee-jerk" reactions to a number of champs, and I can potentially see this making these more common. As, people who don't buy the new champ in the first week for 7800 (or whatever it was, because they don't want to spend the extra 1k+ ip for it), will get killed by it and claim it broken, or kill it without it doing anything claiming it's useless, before they see how it is in practice themselves. I hope you allow one additional week than normal before making nerf/buff decisions with this change. The added time in-between champions is great for you guys to make sure they aren't unhealthy for the game, and will hopefully allow you to fix anything before launch making the game better overall balance-wise. Thank you. I also hope this isn't a fake carrot, and that we are actually getting our IP gains nerfed. Because sometimes you give us fake carrots, no offense but it's something I've noticed in two years here. >_>

SouthernPride

12-20-2012

Very nice Riot is starting to move down the right path.

Odex

12-20-2012

So what ever happened to that old statement in which you said that you intended to continue releasing champions at all price ranges? This announcement declares that you will no longer release any champ for less than 6300, until several months have passed at which point the price may drop. Seriously?

Jesodoth

12-20-2012

Overall, everything about these changes, even the price increases, are a good thing for the community.

The reductions on a standard time table means people can look forward to champions they want becoming more affordable.

The initial price increase is off putting for some people, but for those of us who spend RP on the champ, it means more time for us to enjoy something we've spent money on without having to contend with people who simply have a stockpile of IP and nothing else to buy but new champs. Eventually these champions will be set to a 6300 price tag anyways, so people on a budget get the average price anyways.

I think this set up is friendlier to new players as well. Think about your first time playing the game, and think about seeing all the things you can buy in League. This might make things a little less overwhelming. (I hope)

ku3014

Recruiter

12-20-2012

hm... this sounds interesting. also this may reduce the people who try out new champions in ranked games right as they come out and start feeding

Issiildur

12-20-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:

Immediate Price Reductions

The seven oldest 6300 IP champions (Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne) have all been reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP.

I feel so old.

LiFTeDyourFACE

12-20-2012

****ing...finally. I honestly don't mind that first week price increase at all. This is how their IP/RP pricing points should have been all along and how it always should have worked. At least after they started steadily releasing 6300 only champs.