Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Himorask

12-20-2012

Seal of approval on all counts. The increased IP for the first week makes perfect sense and follows with the idea of champs costing less over time. This is something that I've been thinking should be a thing for a while, the increase for the first week and the decrease over time.

swearword

12-20-2012

Nice Job Riot I like this change

Wightraven

12-20-2012

@Hippalus

This is kind of "out there" and I'm not even sure if it's your area of expertise, but is there ever a chance we'll be able to delete champs we really don't want without refunding their IP? As an example, I bought Nunu and Taric and I'm awful with them both and generally don't like them anyway... but they were cheap enough that I really don't care to regain the meager IP I spent by returning them, not that they're anywhere close to the return deadline anyway. I honestly just don't want to see their stupid faces anymore and I'd like to honestly say to players in Draft and Ranked that I do not have either of these champions to support them with since it's an awful idea for me to pick them in the first place.

EDIT: Also, holy hell. I ALWAYS miss the deadline for this **** by a few weeks and it's ALWAYS with champs I barely play... except Maokai. I got my 1500 IP worth out of playing him.

Aflaack

12-20-2012

What about the bad hacker that might cheat this by changing history or give himself ip without anybody noticing? lol downvoted for trying to help

Crsh

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miirik View Post
I told you, I told you all that pricing would increase.

Yeah it's "first week only" but mark my words, this will become permanent within 1 or 2 years time.

I TOLD YOU PRICING INCREASES WOULD HAPPEN
Not sure that would be a bad thing. Most of us are within 10 champs of owning all. RP purchases are a thing of the past for me anymore.

Sir Thuswindburn

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Thank you thank you thank you! I am going to get some rp and wanted to get a lee sin or vlad skin but didnt have them I had 4600 ip and my win of the day bonus is ready so I only need to win one more game yes!!!!!!!

Angel Kiragis

12-20-2012

So do yall have any plans for moving forward? Will you be reducing the price of heroes in any of the other tiers? And I know it will take a while, but what happens when your 6300 tier starts to thin out from reducing an extra champ every third?

*Edit* Never mind, just saw that the "every third" part is a 4800 or below, not an extra 6300.

I like these changes though, thankee much!

PKPikmin

12-20-2012

Finally some love for price reductions! Good on ya, Riot!

Apollinarius

12-20-2012

This was a well needed change to bring some sense to champion prices.

Thanks

perry mason1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I was ready to be outraged at the 7800 release price, but the rest was nice.