Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Overall good changes, long overdue, we've needed a stable and consistent champ cost decrease system for a while. I don't know how the 7800IP system will work, i've bought day 1 champs before and have been more than happy with them (Riven, Elise) but also some i've completely regretted (Shvana, Nautilus) but with this new price regardless of how excited I am i'll always wait the extra week as 1500IP ain't worth losing for no good reason. Also since I wait that one week i'll probably wait the extra week on top of that for the free week so overall I don't think this first week price increase is really going to do anything unless you're going to delay even further the first time a champ goes on free week which honestly is a d!ck move.

The other issue I have is the rate of which 4800IP and lower champs get reduced. You treat 4800IP as the standard low price which imo opinion should be 3150IP as 4800IP is still very high. I'm just not a fan of how inconsistent the low end of this system is.

Imo every 5th champ release a 1350IP champ should go to 450IP, every 4th champ release a 3150IP champ goes to 1350IP and every 3rd champ a 4800IP champ goes to 3150IP. Or something along those lines. My main issue is just that we've wanted consistency in champion price reductions and you're finally giving us this but only for 6300IP champs, that inconsistency still exists for every other Tier.

DeosDarkk

12-20-2012

First week increase in IP is garbage. /disagree.

Swiftestblade

12-20-2012

The first week price change, love it! Hopefully this means i wont see the new champ in every single game on its release date.

Perseus482

12-20-2012

Good Timing. I was just saving for Vayne. xD

DR200

12-20-2012

This is a really good idea.

notFREEfood

12-20-2012

waitwaitwait
Riot is making sense here? This is too logical; the end must be nigh!

ninbushido

12-20-2012

Finally! Release champions will be more expensive.
Does something about the "ZOMG NEW CHAMPION RELEASE PLAY IN RANKED IMMEDIATELY."

Makkuroi

12-20-2012

MY CHEAP ASS SAYS THANK YOU. I never buy the new champions on immediate release anyway. Doesnt matter for me, cheaper prices

BigSocks

12-20-2012

Pretty cool! Thank you Riot!

Tso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Don't like the changes and YES I do fully understand the overall goal. This just hurts the people that rush to buy the new champions to learn them early so they don't get surprised by them in a match and such. I think it's about time to quit for good.